Alright fellas, it’s simple. Using a body wash with the right pH Balance helps your skin fight everything from dryness and irritation to infections. Because a body wash that’s not pH balanced can cause even more damage to your skin. And we definitely don’t want that. Hence why we highly recommend you grabbed any of these solutions we’ve dubbed as the best pH balanced body washes for men.
Table of Contents
Puracy Natural Body Wash (Our Top Pick)
Puracy Natural Body Wash is an Amazon Best Seller and has been raved about in The New York Times as well as all over CBS and NBC, and for good reason. They have an extraordinary laser-like focus on creating a body wash with the perfect pH balance. But I also love this brand for their commitment to creating some of the best natural skincare products around.
According to skincare scientists, a healthy skin’s pH balance level is anywhere between 4.2 and 5.6. Puracy Natural Body Wash comes in at 5.5. Their chemists intentionally use organic, all natural ingredients like Coconut, Himalayan Sea Salt, and essential oils. These are the key ingredients that deep condition your skin to achieve the perfect pH balance.
But that’s not all they do. They fight the headaches of premature aging, dry skin, cystic acne and even body odor, too.
What I also really love about this body wash is that it is plant based. That means there are ZERO harsh chemicals. What that also means is that it’s gentle enough for children and won’t harm your pets either.
- This body wash is perfectly pH balanced at 5.5 which means it will easily hydrate and purify your skin.
- There are no harsh chemicals. I love natural products because they’re awesome and they heal your skin rather than damage it like a lot of other brands.
- It’s also hypoallergenic. This is a big plus for people like me who have really sensitive skin and need an extra layer of protection against irritation.
- The scent is strong. It can take some getting used to, but it does leave you feeling refreshed.
While Mrs. Meyers is known for their household cleaning products, they’re actually a powerhouse in the world of body washes, too. In fact, their Clean Day Body Wash is an “Amazon Choice ” in the body wash category and has 4.5 stars out of a 5 star rating from thousands of happy customers.
I love this body wash because of its phenomenal ingredients. There are so many essential oils your skin needs to have the proper pH balance and stay healthy. Ingredients like Aloe Vera and Flaxseed Oils hydrate the hell out of your skin while showering and ensure that your pH levels are within the proper range. And that’s vitally important if you have naturally dry skin.
I also really dig that it’s a cruelty-free, certified organic product, too. It’s tested by dermatologists, never on animals which is always a great thing. Yes, regular body washes can get you clean, but the chemicals they use can also harm your skin. Think of them as a nice-looking used car that is terrible under the hood. With Mrs. Meyers, you don’t have to worry about any of that.
- Has some really amazing natural ingredients like flaxseed oil, aloe vera, that’ll lock in the moisture your skin needs to keep it pH balanced.
- Created by a well-known brand that you can trust. There’s no need to second guess their products.
- The scent isn’t too overwhelming. It’ll mix well with the cologne or lotion you use after showering.
- The scent isn’t that strong. Because it’s so light, some people might consider it bland.
- If you’re looking for a body wash whose scent lasts throughout the day, this will disappoint you.
Another phenomenal body wash that has amazing pH balance is Native Body Wash. It’s one of my best pH balanced body washes for men because it’s a no-fuss, no-muss kind of body wash. In fact, that’s what their company is known for. They make incredible skincare products that are great for both men and women. Men’s Journal even named them one of their 20 Best Natural Body Washes for Men in 2022.
But here’s why I love this body wash. First, the pH balance is 5.5 which makes it perfect for keeping your skin in a stable pH balance range. Don’t forget that pH balance regulates how your skin ages, too. None of us want to look twenty years older than we really are. That’s why it’s so important to make sure you’re using a body wash that’s properly pH balanced.
But I digress.
Another aspect of Native Body Wash that I love is the naturally derived ingredients like coconut oil which is the bomb when it comes to skin hydration. But not only that, this body wash gives really great lather. Just a small dime-sized amount will give you what you need to wash everything from around your nose down to your toes.
- This body wash is great for sensitive skin. Its all-natural ingredients leave your skin feeling brilliantly refreshed when you step out the shower.
- Has a pH Balance of 5.5 which makes it phenomenal for keeping your skin looking young and healthy.
- It smells really good, and it doesn’t leave any dry residue on your skin when you’re done showering.
- The scent is pretty light. It can be easily overpowered by your lotion or cologne which sucks.
- Some people with really sensitive skin could have irritations from the ingredients.
The Seaweed Bath Co. Body Wash is one of my all-time favorite body washes. It’s so good, we even named it one of the best exfoliating body washes for men. And because it’s made with natural products like coconut oil, aloe vera, and of course, seaweed, it’s one of the best pH balanced body washes for men, too.
This body wash doesn’t have any dyes or coloring, it’s never tested on animals, and there are no fragrances in this body wash. That makes it a damn good option for those of us with really sensitive skin.
But don’t think that’s it, though. The seaweed this body wash is made from is an incredible anti-aging property that works wonders. It’s like siphoning off liquid from the fountain of youth and infusing your body wash with it––your skin will thank you.
And like I mentioned in my pro tip of the best exfoliating body washes for men, do a quick spot check on your skin before you start using it on a daily basis. Some people may be a little more sensitive to the seaweed.
- It’s made with seaweed which fights free radicals that damage the hell out of your skin and causes acne and other problems.
- This body wash is also excellent for producing collagen which keeps your skin looking young, fresh, and healthy.
- Its pH balance helps balance your skin’s oil production. Too much oil leads to too many breakouts.
- The seaweed could cause reactions in certain people whose skin is sensitive.
- The scent doesn’t last as long as I’d like. It tends to fade before I can leave the house in the morning.
You should know by now how much of a sucker I am for natural, organic ingredients and HoneySkin Body Cleanser doesn’t disappoint. The creators use some of the best all-natural, organic ingredients to create a cleanser that’s great for your skin and hair.
There are incredible ingredients in this body wash. Things like Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, and Blue Green Algae. These are all phenomenal ingredients that provide your skin with the hydration and silkiness it needs. With a body wash containing these natural ingredients, you never have to worry about feeling too dry or ashy when you’re done toweling off.
Aside from it being a phenomenal all-natural cleanser, its pH balance is an incredible 5.5 which, if you haven’t realized by now, is the ultimate goal for your body wash. And because HoneySkin Body Cleanser is perfectly pH balanced, it’ll demolish all of the bad bacteria that builds up on your skin to cause body acne and other types of skin damage.
But my favorite aspect of HoneySkin Body Cleanser is the Manuka Honey, its main ingredient. It fights skin inflammation and works side by side with the Aloe Vera to naturally clean, control, and protect your skin from developing acne.
- Amazing ingredients like Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, and Cocoa Butter that hydrates and protects your skin. You don’t have to worry about being ashy or too dry when you’re done showering.
- The all-natural ingredients won’t damage your skin. It’s nothing like the Axe, Arm & Hammer, and Irish Spring body washes. This one is actually great for you.
- pH balanced at 5.5 which is vital for clean, healthy, and thriving skin.
- The all-natural ingredients may be too harsh for people with skin disorders like Eczema or Rosacea.
- I don’t like how thin the liquid is. It takes a lot of product to get a good lather which sucks. I hate the feeling of wasting product and money.
Is All Body Wash PH Balanced?
Hell no! And that’s unfortunate. There are so many benefits to using a body wash that’s pH balanced. I’ve told you properly balanced pH levels work wonders for your skin like fighting bad bacteria, retaining moisture and hydration that keeps your skin young, resilient, and healthy but the right pH balance also helps your skin to heal itself. We all know our skin heals itself but if it’s not pH balanced, the healing process slows.
That’s why it’s essential to use a body wash that’s pH balanced. It’ll save you in the long run. Fellas, I wouldn’t steer you wrong, ditch those generic drugstore brand body washes and grab one that’s pH balanced.
How Do I Know If My Body Wash Is PH Balanced?
So, if you’re like me, you’re always reading every single word on your product’s label. I like to know what I’m using, what it’ll do and what to expect. I hate surprises, especially when it comes to skincare. The easiest way to know if your body wash is pH balanced is to read the label on the back of the bottle. Most body washes will have the pH levels somewhere on there and as long as it’s between 4.2 and 5.6 you’re in the clear.
Now, if the pH levels aren’t stated on the label and you don’t have any pH testing strips laying around the house (I mean, who the hell does?) the easiest way to know if your body wash is pH balanced is to squirt some into the palm of your hand, add a little water and wait to see the amount of suds.
If your body wash bubbles or foams, then you know it’s high in pH. But if it’s a cream-based, gentle body wash, it won’t produce a lot of sud––the lower the suds the lower the pH. With that said, if you don’t want to do this, you can just grab one of the best ph balanced body washes from above and feel confident you’re getting the real deal.