Bacteria love dark and damp places, like between your toes or where the sun don’t shine. Excessive moisture and improper cleaning can lead to skin irritation or infection. Body odor, athlete’s foot, and jock itch are just a few of the issues caused by unchecked bacteria on the skin. The best antibacterial body washes for men will kill bacteria and return your skin to normal.
Table of Contents
Botanic Hearth Body Wash (Our Top Pick)
Dealing with unwanted smells and unsightly fungal infections can really bring a guy’s confidence down. Sometimes you wash and wash but a certain smell won’t go away. It won’t go away because you’re not dealing with the root problem, bacteria.
Botanic Hearth’s tea tree body wash is the choice product for killing bacteria on your body. This body wash is formulated for all skin types with natural ingredients and oils to fight common skin issues caused by bacteria. This body wash is great for anyone dealing with a lot of sweat during the day. Lather it up in all the nooks and crannies, rinse it off with some warm water, and enjoy a newly fresh-smelling body.
As of writing this review, Botanic Hearth’s Tea Tree body wash has received almost 14,000 five star reviews on amazon and an 8.7/10 score from Don’t Waste Your Money. Because of its credibility and it’s microbe killing power, I consider it the best antibacterial body washes for men.
- Kills bacteria that cause body odor and skin irritations
- Kills fungus that causes athlete’s foot and jock itch
- Great for athletes who sweat all-day
- The scent is sort of medicinal. So it kills the body odor, but doesn’t mask it.
Viking revolution makes an all-natural product aimed at fighting off the bacteria that cause unwanted skin conditions and off-putting smells. Formulated with athletes in mind, you’ll get your money’s worth whether you’re rolling on the mat or circling the track.
Leave the sports field behind. Tea tree oil kills bacteria wherever it sticks to you, so you can go to the grocery store without shoppers having to plug their noses. This is, in my opinion, the best antibacterial body washes for body odor.
Being formulated for athletes makes this body wash great at getting rid of the fungus that causes common skin issues athletes face, such as athlete’s foot, toenail fungus, ringworm, and jock itch. Tea tree oil isn’t picky with the bacteria it kills and can lead to skin irritation, but with included aloe vera, you have no need to worry.
- Formulated for athletes, it fights the bacteria that cause body odor.
- Antifungal as well, so that swamp in your shoe after a run won’t cause athlete’s foot.
- Mint is included in the formula, so you get a nice tingle to know it’s working.
- Mainly focused on killing bacteria, the natural scent comes off a little medicinal.
The Seaweed Bath Co. is a company I’m happy to give my hard-earned dollar. They go above and beyond in regards to sustainability. Their bottles are made from 100% recycled materials and their products are made with hand-harvested seaweed from Maine. Every ingredient is derived from plants and Seaweed Bath Co. never tests on animals, so this stuff is vegan.
Eucalyptus is used to kill bacteria on the skin to help fight body odor and skin irritations. However, eucalyptus is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties making this wash my pick for best antibacterial body washes for boils. Commonly used in aromatherapy, eucalyptus helps to clear the sinuses of mucus. So if you’re dealing with stuffiness and body odor, give this stuff a try.
If you like mint, you’re sure to enjoy this product. Eucalyptus and peppermint combine for a great aroma and a whole body experience.
- Fights skin irritations and body odor.
- Eucalyptus helps clear sinuses of mucus and reduces inflammation.
- Peppermint gives a “you know it’s working” tingle.
- Eucalyptus has a minty smell, so combined with peppermint, there’s a strong mint smell not everyone will love.
Signature’s Black Bottle is formulated to fight tough cases of ringworm, jock itch, and athlete’s foot caused by fungus. Being the only body wash on the list with an active ingredient meant to fight fungus makes it the best if you have chronic issues with fungal infections.
Like the others, Black Bottle includes tea tree oil to kill bacteria, relieving body odor and minor skin irritations. However, this wash includes 1% tolnaftate, the active ingredient in anti-fungal creams. So if you’re currently dealing with a fungal infection, pick this stuff up and see if it helps.
Also nice to see, rather than the primary ingredient being water, it’s actually the antibacterial tea tree oil. This is great because it means you’re not buying mostly water.
- Tolnaftate gives this unmatched anti-fungal properties. I’d pick up a bottle and use it alongside other body washes to target high moisture areas.
- The primary ingredient being something other than water is uncommon, and great to see.
- Peppermint is an interesting experience on the skin.
- The price. But if you battle fungal issues, ignore this con.
Field Works makes their Hose Off body wash with the outdoors in mind. The idea being you don’t need a lot of water to make this stuff work. Just a handful of water from a stream and you’re golden. To achieve this, Hose Off is super concentrated so just a dab’ll do you. And, they make it in small batches for quality assurance.
This wash is great for multi-day hikes or camping in general. The organic, natural ingredients make it biodegradable and eco-friendly. Bentonite clay is a natural antibacterial and antifungal that also works great at absorbing sweat and grime. Shea butter and aloe vera then leave your skin moisturized and protected from the environment.
The scent is inspired by the environment too. They assume you’ll use this in the woods so they want you to smell like you did. With a woody, earthy scent you’re left smelling like a tree hugger.
- Concentrated so you can use less water, great for your wallet and the environment.
- Kills bacteria and fungus to fight body odor. Great for venturing into the woods for long periods of time.
- Shea butter and aloe vera leave your skin refreshed and moisturized.
- The scent comes naturally, so you smell the clay used. Not everyone will enjoy that.