Uneven skin tone? Body Acne? Keratosis Pilaris? No need to worry, as always, I’ve got your back. Just a simple switch up of your body wash can help. Grab yourself one of the best glycolic acid body washes for men this year and you’ll be on your way to seeing a difference in your skin––fast.
Table of Contents
Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash (Our Top Pick)
Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash is one of the go-to’s if you want to rid yourself of rough, dry skin and other symptoms that come with KP. They’ve been in the skincare game since Bill Clinton was first elected President.
What I love about this body wash and why it’s one of the best glycolic acid body washes for men this year is what Glytone claims is its ability to reduce the symptoms of KP by 80% after just two weeks. Now, I don’t know if you’ll see a complete skin overhaul in the first two weeks, but even if it takes a little longer, progress is still moving in the right direction. Another thing I love is that it doesn’t just exfoliate your skin (for more on this, check out the best exfoliating body washes for men), it also evens out your skin tone, too.
But what about body acne and the small hard bumps that come with Keratosis Pilaris?
Don’t worry, Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash takes care of those, too. Just using this body wash daily will bring a noticeable difference in your skin. And with great skin, your confidence will skyrocket.
- This body wash is great for people with Keratosis Pilaris, which is pretty common. You can see a difference in your skin within two weeks if you use it daily.
- It’ll improve your skin’s texture and tone. Great skin brings great confidence.
- You can’t use this body wash on your face. Because of the acidity it could damage your eyes. Nobody wants that.
- Can’t be used immediately after shaving or any kind of hair removal. Your skin will be extra sensitive, and it could be harmful.
Alpha Skincare is another outstanding body wash that’ll get your skin right. The folks over at Neoteric Cosmetics created this body wash specifically for people who want to peel away the top layer of skin to show a smoother, younger layer.
There are all kinds of oils and goodness like Vitamin E, Glycerin, and Aloe Vera that will hydrate your skin, lock in its moisture, and keep you looking young and feeling fresh. And it’s great for all skin types, too. I also love that its pH balance is an extraordinary 4.5. which means this body wash leaves your skin smooth, moisturized and most importantly, healthy.
This body wash also helps your skin produce extra collagen. That means using this body wash will help to tighten your skin and give you all the anti-aging benefits that a lot of other brands wont.
- Great for healthy skin. With a pH Balance level of 4.5 this body wash is incredibly good for your skin.
- Fights aging and helps rid your skin of the symptoms that come with KP.
- The glycolic acid reduces wrinkles and evens your skin tone.
- I hate that you need a lot to get a good lather. You end up finishing the product quickly and it always feels like you’re wasting money.
- The scent is strong and can be irritating if you have a sensitive nose.
Touch KP Exfoliating Body Wash is one of the best body washes for treating KP. They specialize in creating products that treat your skin and leave it feeling rejuvenated and looking hella youthful.
This body wash has 15% Glycolic Acid and 2% Salicylic Acid and if you didn’t know already, this is a deadly combination for bad skin. And you should definitely know what the best salicylic acid body washes for men are because this stuff works magic and has similar benefits for your skin to glycolic acid.
I particularly love that Touch KP Exfoliating Body Wash is sulfate free. You don’t have to worry about their harms doing even more damage to your skin like other brands that claim to treat KP and fight body acne. This one actually does. And its lathering is out of this world. Just a small nickel-sized squirt is all you need to get your body clean.
Pro Tip: Use a loofah when showering with this body wash. It’ll help remove the dead skin cells that build up and make body acne and KP symptoms worse.
- This body wash has both Glycolic and Salicylic Acid which gives it a powerful punch to get rid of KP and its symptoms.
- Has an incredible pH balance of 3.5 which will get you having healthy skin in no time.
- Gives a great foaming lather so you’re not wasting the product or going through it too fast. Who doesn’t love a good foaming lather?
- If you have super sensitive skin, this body wash could dry it out. I’d recommend trying it out twice a week to see your skin’s reaction before using it daily.
ReTone Exfoliating Cleanser does exactly what the name says––it re-tones your skin. This is an awesome alternative for people who can’t use body washes that contain both Glycolic and Salicylic Acid.
This is an awesome body wash that really works best with a loofah. While it’s lifting the dead skin cells built up on your skin’s surface, the loofah removes them. It’s even great for removing the rough, dry bumps that come with KP and start your skin’s healing process. Think of it as jumper cables for your skin.
Within days of using this body wash you can see a noticeable difference in your skin’s look and feel. It’s made with 7% Glycolic Acid––the perfect amount to replenish your skin’s natural clarity and firmness.
Pro Tip: Exfoliating with this body wash will fight wrinkles and the dry, rough, irritated skin that comes with KP but be sure to do a test spot on your arm or leg first to make sure it won’t irritate your skin.
- The lather is phenomenal. I love how sudsy it gets. Just remember, a little goes a long way. No need to overdo it.
- Daily use calms skin irritation and relieves dry, flaky, and bumpy skin that comes with KP.
- Using this body wash with an exfoliating sponge is great for speeding up your skin’s healing and rejuvenation. By the time summer rolls around you’ll be ready to hit the beach with no shirt.
- The ingredients can irritate some people’s KP. It’s best to test it out on your arm or leg before diving into it with your daily showers.
Closing out the list of best glycolic acid body washes for men this year is Murad Acne Body Wash. This is one of the best on the list because it has some really great ingredients that pack a skin-smoothing knockout punch.
Murad Acne Body Wash is another amazing body wash that uses both Glycolic and Salicylic Acid. These acids work together to penetrate deep into your skin’s pores and get to kicking KP’s ass. Salicylic Acid is vital for achieving healthy skin if you have acne scars, symptoms of KP and conditions that a milder body wash just won’t treat. And of course, because I love making sure you have plenty of options, we gave you an amazing list of the best salicylic acid body washes for men, too.
But what Murad Acne Body Wash does for your skin is no surprise. With Salicylic and Glycolic Acid tag teaming your skin, it’ll quickly treat your body acne and other conditions.
It’ll help prevent them from developing, too.
But there are some really powerful ingredients in here like date seed powder, too. This kills the bacteria trapped deep in your pores which cause body acne. There’s also green tea extract and licorice root extract that fights the irritation that can happen to your skin when you exfoliate.
- This body wash has phenomenal ingredients that work together to deep clean your skin. Bacteria and dead skin cell buildup don’t stand a chance against the power of glycolic and salicylic acid, and date seed powder.
- The green tea extract is a great addition to this body wash because it is a really soothing property for even sensitive skin types.
- It might be more effective for people with oilier skin because of how it purifies and dries out your pores. If your skin is already dry, it can overly dry you out.
- I don’t love the scent. It tends to be medicinal and on the strong side. Not a good mix for certain colognes.
Can I Use Glycolic Acid on My Body?
Absolutely 100%! Glycolic acid is great for healing your skin’s impurities and jump-starting the rejuvenation process. For people with a darker skin tone, it’s better to use a product that has a lower concentration though because it can cause irritation. But with the right concentration, glycolic acid is great for places like your chest or back which is more prone to developing body acne. My only suggestion would be to work up to using it daily, especially if you’re new to using chemical exfoliants. I want your skin glowing and being healthy so it’s always a great idea to start slowly and see how your skin will react first.
How Do You Use Glycolic Acid Body Wash?
Glycolic Acid Body Wash is easy to use. It’s best to start off slow when you start using any body washes with glycolic acid. For the first two weeks, I’d use it twice a week to see how it affects your skin. Pay close attention to the sensitive areas because you don’t want to cause severe irritation. Then increase to three days a week for the following two weeks while continuing to watch for any irritation. If after the first month your skin doesn’t have any weird reactions, you’re good to go.