Fellas let’s keep it a hundred: those generic body washes aren’t cutting it. They dry your skin out, the scent really doesn’t smell *that* great, and even if it is halfway decent, it’ll fade before you can finish toweling off. But don’t worry, I’m going to hit you with a list of the best smelling body washes for men this year. Each one on this list will give you the true rugged and masculine edge you need to start your day off smelling like a man.
Table of Contents
Molton Brown Russian Leather (Our Top Pick)
Molton Brown is like the Ferrari of skincare. They’re known for creating some of the best high-quality products you can find. If you want your skin to feel like you’ve just spent the weekend at a luxury spa in Aspen, then you can’t go wrong with Molton Brown. Best of all, their Russian Leather Body Wash takes it to a whole new level.
Let’s start with one of the most important aspects––the scent. It’s deep, rich, and masculine. They’ve blended Siberian Pine, Aged Leather, and Tobacco to come up with a scent I like to call liquid manliness. And it lasts, too. Nothing like Axe or Irish Spring (no shade intended). No, the scent of this body wash won’t slide off your skin before you can get a clean pair of underwear on. And that’s what makes it so badass. You can be confident knowing that you’re starting your day smelling macho and masculine, yet luxurious and sophisticated.
And then there’s my favorite––the lather. Not only is this intense, woodsy-smelling body wash legit in the scent department, the way it lathers makes its stock skyrocket in my book. A good, rich lather is important for two reasons: it doesn’t only save you money because you use less product, it does a more complete job of cleaning your skin, breaking down all the grime, dirt, and oil you’ve picked up during the day. All you need is a quick nickel-sized squirt to clean your entire body from head to toe.
- Vegan, cruelty, and paraben free makes it a great body wash for all skin types.
- Strong masculine scent will linger on your body all day. It’s not going to fade in minutes like those generic, drugstore brands.
- Contains oils that moisturize your skin without being too greasy. I know you hate that as much as I do.
- I wish there was a variety in sizes. Sometimes a guy wants more than 10oz. *Kanye shrug*
If you’re looking for a clean, classic woodsy scent with a hint of citrus and lemon peel, Cremo’s Blue Cedar & Cypress Body Wash bodies the competition (no pun intended). It’s like a Ford F-150––classic and dependable. Every drop is made for guys like us––dudes who work hard, take care of themselves, and want to look and smell their best.
Besides the super-rich lather this body wash produces (you know how I feel about lather), I really love how bold and kick-ass the scent is. Its top notes are Cypress and Cedar, but with the twist of citrus and lemon on top, you don’t have to worry about it overpowering your cologne.
Aside from the scent, want to know my favorite part? It’s the ingredients like Glycerin and Aloe, known to leave your skin feeling soft and hydrated––key to its long-lasting scent. They also help heal your skin of cuts and abrasions, too. So, if you’re one of the fellas that’s prone to getting banged up on the job, you should grab yourself a bottle.
- Has an uber-fresh and masculine fragrance that lasts and doesn’t overpower your cologne.
- It has ingredients like Glycerin and Aloe that won’t dry your skin out. Big box brands like Axe or Irish Spring can’t say the same.
- You only need a small amount to produce a great lather which makes it last longer. That saves you money in the long run.
- Even though the scent is lively and masculine, its fragrance can cause skin irritation for some people.
- It’s not irritant free which makes it unsafe around the eyes and lips.
Want to knock your lady off her game and make her think you’re trying a new cologne? Then Brickell Invigorating Mint Men’s Body Wash is the way to go. I had to include this as one of the best smelling body washes for men because, well, it is. It was even the top pick of this year’s best washes for body odor, too.
One thing I can say for sure is this: this Invigorating Mint body wash lives up to its name. That means it’ll give you that extra kick in the ass you need to fully wake up in the morning. With just one squirt, the minty freshness demolishes all that tiredness you feel while dragging yourself to the shower. But that’s not all. This body wash is great for your skin, too.
What does that mean?
Well, Brickell created this body wash with all-natural, safe, and organic ingredients like Tea Tree Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Jojoba Oil. It’s no wonder they’re called essential oils––because the hydration and nourishment they provide are essential to having healthy skin. It’s a perfect combination added to the minty freshness that’ll leave your skin feeling and smelling extra clean and masculine.
Pro Tip: There’s no need to overdo it. This body wash is great on lather. All you need is a small dime-size amount to get a thick, rich lather going.
- Packed with essential oils that do a phenomenal job of keeping your skin healthy. They smell great, too.
- Jojoba Oil is an amazing antibacterial property. It’ll eliminate the daily oil and grime while not drying it out.
- It’s like a shot of espresso when you need it. It will wake you the hell up.
- Even though the ingredients are certified organic, they may be a little too harsh for guys with super sensitive skin.
There aren’t many body washes that can compete with 18.21 Man Made. This one is in a class of its own. First of all, it’s a three-in-one body wash which means it’s outstanding for cleansing your skin, but also awesome for shampooing and conditioning your hair, too. If you’re a busy guy who wants to smell amazing, you’ll want to keep reading.
This body wash leads when it comes to fragrance. There’s spicy saffron, dark vanilla, exotic woods, and dried fruit in every drop, uniquely designed to have you smelling like the manliest of men. Trust me, your girl will be ready to devour you as soon as you step out of the shower. Yes, it’s that good. Hence why it’s one this list of the best smelling body washes for men.
But aside from the smell, it’s teeming with awesome all-natural ingredients like Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters. These bad boys give your skin the moisture it needs to be healthy. You want to fight premature aging? This is the body wash that’ll do it.
- Like all my favorite body washes on this list, this produces awesome lather. You don’t have to overdo it. Just a quick squeeze onto your loofah will be enough to get your entire body clean.
- The scent is out of this world. I can’t tell you how many times my girl has come up behind me and nuzzled my neck because she loves the scent.
- I love that this is a 3-in-1. It’s so convenient to be able to clean your body, then shampoo and condition your hair all from the same bottle.
- I love the scent, but because it’s so unique, it can overpower or clash with certain colognes. That can be a bummer if you’re into colognes as much as I am.
Pre de Provence No.63 Hair and Body Wash is one of my favorite best smelling body washes for men this year because of its warm and peppery, spiced citrus-y scent mixed with leather and tobacco. I kid you not, I cracked this bad boy open and was instantly transported to the South of France. It’s a unique scent that’ll have you smelling manly and rugged but classy, too.
But it’s also a favorite of mine because of its moisturizing. This body wash has all those ingredients like Glycerin, Shea Oil, and Aloe Vera your skin craves. They’re key ingredients for keeping your skin soft, nourished, and healthy.
I also love that it’s a 2-in-1. Yes, it’s a great cleanser for your skin and will leave it squeaky-clean and glistening after your shower, but it also works wonders on your hair, too. You know I’m all about convenience and love sharing grooming hacks with you, so if you want to clean up quickly, but still feel fresh and smell great, this is a no-brainer go-to option.
- The scent is the bomb, so I love that it’s long lasting. I kid you not, hours after I’ve showered, I still smell that manly freshness I love.
- The ingredients are all-natural which is always wonderful. You don’t have to worry about harmful parabens and other chemicals that damage your skin.
- You can expect lots of compliments.
- This body wash excels in every other area but lather. It requires a lot of liquid to get a good lather going which sucks because you feel like you’re wasting the product.
- Like other body washes with strong scents, this one can clash with certain colognes. That’s really annoying if it doesn’t blend well with your favorite fragrance.
How Do You Make Body Wash Smell Last Longer?
Nothing sucks more than finally finding a bottle of body wash you love then realizing the scent fades before you even walk out of the bathroom. Trust me, I get it. And that’s why I put together this list of the best smelling body washes that lasts, because I want you to get the most out of your product. And it’s simple.
Moisturize – I can’t stress this enough. It’s the key to making sure your body wash’s scent lasts. Moisturizers lock in all that good masculine scent, binding it to your skin to last throughout the day. You can even use a non-scented moisturizer, too.
Essential Oils – Make sure your body wash is rich in essential oils. Not only do they work wonders for your skin, but essential oils are also full of all-natural ingredients that will keep your skin moisturized way better than any lotion can.
So if you decide to splurge by grabbing one of the best smelling body washes for men, try these tips to make sure you get the most out of it.