If you shaved your head to go low-maintenance, you were probably shocked and disappointed to learn that your scalp still needs a lot of attention to feel good. (And if you have yet to learn that, I’m sorry to be the one to break the news.) The best shampoo for bald heads keeps your skin happy without the hair to hide it.
Table of Contents
Bee Bald Daily Cleanser (Our Top Pick)
Bee Bald is a top choice among lots of bald guys. It more closely resembles a face wash than a shampoo, and it has exfoliating beads to rub away dead skin and oil buildup. Though, it also contains some gentle oils and glycerin to keep your skin soft.
It has a great smell, but it’s not one of those scents that you can clearly pick out. Some think it leans toward honey, others say it just smells like a good soap.
I’d say Bee Bald is a very, very safe bet for the majority of bald guys. It’s a brand that plenty of men settle on after trying out several different balding products. If you have average to oily skin, it’ll keep you shine-free and clean. If you have sensitive or flaky skin, I’d recommend a more hydrating oil-based product.
• Top brand choice among many bald guys.
• Exfoliating beads rub away dead skin.
• Hydrating ingredients soothe scalp and leave you feeling refreshed.
• Just a small amount covers your whole head.
• Not sulfate-free. Might irritate especially sensitive skin.
Do you hate it when people rub your head? Are you struggling with balding-denial? Were you surprised to learn what your scalp looks like underneath your hair?
C3 gets your struggle. The brand name is a shorthand for Comprehensive Cranium Care – founder Adam Fitting couldn’t decide whether to use face wash or shampoo when he first went smooth, so he created his own mutant hybrid to satisfy both needs.
His head wash is gentle enough to use on your face, but hardy enough to take care of irritated or greasy scalp. The product is foamy and satisfying, perfect for your whole cranium. It even comes with a guarantee: “HEAD WASH will not regrow hair – we promise.”
• Nice foamy texture.
• Safe for your face and head. Gently cleanse.
• Not a shampoo or a face wash, but the best of both worlds.
• Small bottle doesn’t last as long as you’d hope.
Use it on your beard, your body, your face, and your smooth bald head. Jack Black body wash can go anywhere and everywhere for you with smashing success.
They’re a luxury brand with lots of great-smelling men’s products. Lots of guys turn to Jack Black when they want high-quality, natural ingredients packed into a product that’s made for male skin. Their body wash is no exception – it contains oils and vitamins, great for your scalp, skin and hair.
I’d dock them a few points for not being bald head-specific, but for guys who just want a relaxing all-in-one soap that smells manly, it’s perfect. Overall, it’s still one of the best shampoo for bald heads.
• All-in-one. Use it on your scalp, face, beard, and body.
• Luxury brand with a relaxing lather and manly smell.
• High-quality ingredients.
• Not specifically made for bald guys.
Mountaineer Brand is made for the bald guy who needs to re-Bic his head every so often. Just a little soap goes a long way, and you can use it before or after you shave to soothe your skin and prevent razor burn.
It’s an oily product in the best way. Jojoba, coconut, olive, and sunflower oil give it a slippery but creamy texture, perfect to help your blade glide nicely.
Founder Eric Young was making his own cosmetics when he decided to start the company. From the beginning, he committed to using all-natural ingredients sourced and manufactured in the U.S.
• Best scalp wash for the guy who shaves semi-frequently.
• Gentle and oily, great for a before- or after-shave.
• All-natural ingredients, and made in the U.S.
• If you don’t shave, it’s less appealing. Formulated to soothe razor burn.
Sachajuan is best for scalp that tends to get dry and itchy. I recommend it highly if you’re recovering from a sunburn or frequently swim in chlorinated water. It’ll help soften your skin and reduce flakiness.
Lots of guys love using Sachajuan for eczema and dandruff too. Dandruff is less common among bald guys (and really, it’s unfair when bald guys do get dandruff). But for the few who suffer from flaky scalp, Sachajuan is a lifesaver.
On top of that, it’s plant-based, gentle, unscented, and hydrating. If you’re thinking about growing your hair back (whatever is left), it’s a great choice to promote healthy growth, making it one of the best shampoo for bald heads.
• Very gentle, relaxing to use.
• All-natural plant-based ingredients.
• Great for dry and itchy scalp.
• Small bottle doesn’t go far.