There are two things that your guests will think when they see the best luxury shampoo brands for men in your shower: this guy has a lot of money, and he enjoys the finer things in life. That’s a decent impression to give off, especially if you’re hoping to invite one of your home visitors into the shower with you.
Table of Contents
Molton Brown Shampoo (Our Top Pick)
Molton Brown was first founded in 1971 when the founders opened an avant garde hair salon in London. They mixed their own products in the basement, and went on to create the wildly popular fragrances, Eaux de Parfum and Toilette.
Just the history alone is enough to dazzle. And the shampoo lives up to the brand name. It’s scented with lavender, nettle, and musk, a great balance of fresh and warm ingredients. This bottle is formulated for fine hair. It softens and adds volume. But don’t let that stop you from using it on average or thick hair. The fragrance is worth it.
And, the cherry on top, from day 1, Molton Brown’s founders wanted the brand to be ecologically conscious and all-natural.
• Luxury brand with 50+ years in hair care.
• Scent is uniquely spectacular.
• Best luxury shampoo for fine hair.
• Hands down, the best smelling shampoo.
• Not the best pick for oily or curly hair.
Malin + Goetz offers something unique in the world of luxury hair care products. They’re understated and thoughtful. The founders are still involved in testing every product before it goes to market. It takes 2-3 years for all of their new cosmetics to be fully approved – that’s how thorough and conscientious they are.
The bottle doesn’t look like much, but the shampoo has a rich texture. It lathers beautifully, and hydrates dry hair and scalp. You don’t need to blow dry your hair or add any other product to get that glossy look after using Malin + Goetz.
The minty fragrance is a nice touch too, but I wouldn’t say it stands out. The texture and shine that it gives your hair is the real appeal.
• Thoughtful brand. The founders test the products, and the full approval process takes 2-3 years.
• Gives you glossy hair without blow drying.
• Best luxury shampoo for dry hair.
• Nice minty smell.
• Doesn’t have the novelty and pomp of a typical luxury item.
Tea tree oil is a miracle ingredient in hair products, and Billy Jealousy knows how to make it shine. Their monsoon mist shampoo gives your scalp a tingly feeling as it works. You’ll also notice how strong the minty scent is.
The brand is better known for their luxury beard products, but the shampoo still meets a high bar. It’s all-natural and scalp-soothing, so it passes the sensitive skin test.
Better yet, Billy Jealousy’s tea tree shampoo is great at untangling your hair. The tea tree oil is what unknots and protects each strand, perfect for guys with curly and textured hair who don’t like combing out their curls.
The brand name comes from the “great” Billys of the past – Billy Joel, Billy Idol, Billy the Kid. Billy Jealousy is still working on achieving that level of fame, but they’re on a solid path.
• Tea tree scent and benefits. Tingly feeling as you lather it into your hair.
• Scalp-soothing for guys with sensitive skin, dermatitis, dandruff, and more.
• Best luxury shampoo for curly hair.
• They’re young in the world of luxury skin and hair care.
Sometimes even the most luxurious guys have to deal with some unpleasant scalp conditions. MenScience is here for you. Their daily shampoo is not only a luxury product, but it’s also one of the best on the market for treating scalp acne. Its acidic ingredients dissolve oils and work away at dead skin buildup, while glycerin and vitamin E hydrate your hair and scalp.
The shampoo is unscented, so it layers well with other scented cosmetics. And you only need a small amount to cover your whole head, so the bottle goes a long way. For best results, you might need to avoid using other hair products that clog your pores (like gels).
I will say, all the medicinal scalp benefits diminish the “luxury” vibes of this bottle, but it’s wildly effective. Invest in MenScience so that your hair and scalp look great with other luxury items.
• Long-lasting bottle; a little goes a long way.
• Best luxury shampoo for dandruff and scalp acne.
• Best luxury shampoo for oily hair.
• It’s unscented, which takes away from the luxury vibes. On the other hand, at least you don’t have to smell like acne cream or cough medicine.
Jack Black is an awesome brand for the guy who wants a luxury product without seeming like a prick. The bottle design is understated, and the brand is down-to-earth, but the product is rich and really does make your hair look thicker.
I recommend it highly for guys with thinning hair. But even if you don’t really need the extra volume, the all-natural ingredients and crisp planty scent will feel great against your scalp. Some guys swear it helps with dandruff and sensitive scalp conditions, but you might have better luck with an actual dandruff shampoo for men.
Just be cautious if you have a history of negative reactions to volumizing shampoos. It’s rare, but some Jack Black users report hair loss. The majority of men are more than happy with their results.
• Lives up to the “volumizing” promise. Lifts roots and makes hair look thicker.
• All-natural, gentle ingredients. Great for sensitive scalp.
• Down-to-earth brand. Best if you want luxury without the label.
• A small portion of users report hair loss.