Some of the best smelling beard oils are being made by the most innovative men’s grooming companies around. They’re infusing them with some amazing ingredients that will keep your beard looking healthy and smelling great. These are my top five best smelling beard oils in 2022.
Table of Contents
Billy Jealousy Devil’s Delight Beard Oil (Our Top Pick)
Ever get sick and tired of not finding the right products that work for your skin or beard type? If so, you’ve got something in common with the creator of this brand. Frustrated with not being able to find grooming products that worked for him, he created Billy Jealousy in 2004. It’s now featured in places like GQ, Men’s Health, Esquire, and Forbes.
Their Devil’s Delight Beard Oil is the bomb. It’s Vegan and cruelty free and created with some amazing all-natural ingredients that will leave your beard looking fly AF and smelling even better.
There’re awesome essential oils like Jojoba, Soybean, Sunflower, and Avocado Oils that are amazing moisturizers to keep your beard looking great.
And they smell good, too. I also love that it’s rich in Vitamin E which is another great hydrating ingredient.
But it’s the scent that gets me. It’s a rich, warm, and sweet aroma of black pepper and sandalwood that smells super clean and spicy, but masculine and manly at the same time.
One whiff of this beard oil and you’ll immediately see why it’s one of the best smelling beard oils this year.
- This is an awesome beard oil that has outstanding ingredients like Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil that keep your beard looking amazing and smelling good.
- I love that it’s vegan and all-natural, too. No need to worry about any harmful chemicals irritating your skin.
- It works well for all different beard types and textures. I love that anyone can use it.
- The scent is super strong and lasts all day. So, if you’re not a fan of the scent it can be annoying having it linger all day long.
- Has great oils but can be a problem if you have naturally oily skin already. Too much oiliness can lead to breakouts and acne. If your skin is already naturally oily, I’d recommend a different beard oil.
I love Bossman for their dedication to celebrating manhood. Their products are really dope and have been featured in places like BuzzFeed and Heavy.
I love their Jelly Beard Oil because it’s another beard product that is super hydrating for your beard which will keep it looking healthy and feeling soft.
And let me tell you, it’s legit.
It’s a gel that goes on thick and stays in place for the entire day. You can literally feel its moisture for hours after using it whenever you touch your beard. I give the credit to the all-natural ingredients Bossman uses––ingredients like Soybean Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Beeswax.
But it’s also one of the best smelling beard oils I’ve had the pleasure of trying myself. This beard oil has a super-rich and masculine, outdoorsy scent that’s a mixture of Cedarwood, Lemon, Clove, and Pepper.
It’ll have your beard smelling clean and citrus-y, but spicy and manly AF, too.
- Made with all-natural ingredients that are great for your beard’s health.
- It has a super-rich scent that is a blend of cleanliness, citrus, and the outdoors.
- Hydrates your beard all day. I love that it lasts throughout the day and won’t dry your skin out by lunch time.
- I really dig that it’s non-greasy. There’s nothing worse than a beard that looks way too greasy and artificial.
- It can leave residue in your beard that looks like dandruff or flakes once it dries. You have to keep an eye out for that and use a beard balm in addition to this if it starts showing up.
- May not be the best option for dudes with extra dry skin. It locks the moisture into your facial hair so you may not feel a real difference in the skin underneath your beard.
This Italian brand has been around since 1908. They make some really great men’s grooming products that are so high-quality, they can be used in the barbershop as well as your own home.
I really love their beard oil because it’s one that is great for getting and keeping your beard healthy, but also to make sure it’s sharp and well-defined.
This one is great for taming those out-of-control stray hairs that happen when you’re growing your beard out and it’s in that awkward middle stage.
But it’s also one of my favorites because it’s made with some of the best ingredients, too. I love the essential oils they’ve used in this beard oil. There’s Avocado Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, and Walnut Oil, that hydrates your beard and provides long-lasting moisture.
It’s also paraben-free and has no silicone or mineral oils that’ll damage your skin. So, while this beard oil will have your beard looking great, it’ll have it smelling amazing, too.
The scent is bergamot, cypress, and amber with heart of cedar and vetiver. They all mix together so well to create an uber-masculine scent that’s cool and woodsy.
And honestly, it’s one of my favorite scents. Once you smell it, you’ll understand why it’s one of the top 5 best smelling beard oils this year.
- Made with essential oils like Macadamia Nut Oil, Avocado Oil, and Walnut Oil that’s really great for your beard. They’ll keep it super hydrated and healthy.
- The scent is awesome. It’s a manly mix of coolness and the woods which smells bomb.
- This beard oil is great for taming stray hair in your beard, especially when you’re trying to grow it out.
- The scent is very intense. If you don’t like strong smells, this one may bother you. Plus, it lingers all day so can be irritating if your sense of smell is sensitive.
- It can make your beard flaky when it dries. I’m not a big fan of that at all.
Cremo is one of those men’s grooming brands that’s for the guy in all of us. They make some really great products that so many guys around the world swear by that they’ve just received more than $200 million dollars in an acquisition with Edgewell Personal Care Company.
If you have a dry, itchy beard that’s always irritating you, then the Cremo Beard Oil is the perfect option for you.
I love that this beard oil leaves your beard feeling silky and smooth and smelling fresh and minty.
It’s made with Argan and Jojoba Oils that nourish and protect your facial hair while also making it soft and conditioned. It also soothes irritation and restores the natural moisture your beard needs to be healthy.
It’s also great for beards of any length, too. So, if you are rocking stubble, scruff, or a long beard, this oil is a great option to choose from.
But the scent is what’s my favorite part of this beard oil. It’s a minty, fresh, clean scent that lingers on your beard and keeps it smelling fresh all day. It’s the best oil that smells like cologne if that’s the scent you’re looking for.
- The Argan and Jojoba Essential Oils work wonders on your beard. They’re great for keeping it healthy and hydrated.
- The fresh minty scent is awesome. I love how it lingers and blends well with all of my colognes and bodywash.
- It’s super lightweight and leaves your beard soft AF. Your girl won’t be able to keep her hands off it. Trust me.
- It can be harsh for the fellas with sensitive skin. I’d recommend trying it out on a small spot before using it on your entire beard so you can check for any reactions.
- It’s oily so use a small amount. Using too much can make your beard look greasy and weird.
Can You Handlebar is one of the most unique brands I’ve seen. They’ve got some super cool products that are made with natural ingredients and focused on conditioning your beard and making it as healthy as possible.
Their products are awesome and are sold in more than 100 Art of Shaving stores and hundreds of barbershops and salons around the country. They’ve also been featured in Huffington Post, Zulily, and The American Mustache Institute.
What I love about their Beard Oil is what’s the most important––the ingredients. Of course, you know that natural ingredients are always the best way to go, and this beard oil has some great essential oils like Olive Oil, Jojoba, Grapeseed Oil, and Vitamin E.
Those are all some of the best oils and vitamins that will nourish and feed your beard to help it grow and be healthy. They soak into your beard really well.
And they smell good AF, too. I love the scent. It’s a bright, masculine, woodsy scent with a hint of lemon. I think it’s the best beard oil that smells like wood.
- Natural ingredients that are great for your beard and the skin underneath. The essential oils they use are great for hydrating your skin and hair.
- The scent is great but not too strong or overwhelming which is a good thing. You don’t want a beard oil that’s going to clash with your body wash or cologne.
- A little goes a long way. All you need is a drop or two and that’ll be enough to spread throughout your beard and keep it moisturized for the entire day.
- If you have naturally oily skin this beard oil may be too oily for you. It can also cause you to break out because too much oil can clog your pores.
- It’s a heavy pine scent so keep that in mind if you’re not someone who likes strong scents.
What Does Beard Oil Smell Like?
Beard oils have all kinds of scents, and they vary on the spectrum from sweet and light to heavy and pine or woodsy. You can find beard oil in almost any scent you’re looking for.
In my experience, I’ve noticed a lot of beard oils smell citrus-y or woodsy. Especially if you’re looking for the ones that are more masculine and outdoorsy.
But there are also some that have a much lighter, more subtle scent, too. Those are the ones that have that cool, fresh breeze scent which some guys find a lot more pleasant than the heavy woodsy aroma that a lot of beard oils smell like.
What To Look For In a Beard Oil That Smells Good?
In any beard oil that smells good, you want to look at the ingredients first.
Make sure it has most, if not all, of the essential oils that I always recommend. That means you want to be sure it has Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Sunflower Oil. Those are great for keeping you beard healthy and soft, but they also smell good as hell, too.
I’d also be sure the beard oil you choose has Vitamin E. That’s one of the best vitamins for your facial hair, and it smells amazing, too.
But I would also look for no harsh chemicals and no parabens, or alcohol. Those are all ingredients that can damage your facial hair and irritate the skin on your face. They dry your skin out excessively and clog your pores with crap that’ll cause acne and breakouts.
So when looking for a beard oil that smells good, start with the ingredients and then look for a scent that you like and will compliment your cologne and other scents like body wash or shampoo. You can also just pick one from this list of best smelling beard oils.