If you’ve got acne you’re not alone. So many of us deal with it every day and know that one wrong ingredient in one of your grooming products can cause a breakout and send your skin spiraling out of control. So, here are the 5 best beard oils for acne prone skin. These beard oils are made with the best ingredients and won’t cause you to breakout or have any acne flare ups.
Table of Contents
Billy Jealousy Devil’s Delight Beard Oil (Our Top Pick)
I rock with the Billy Jealousy brand hard body. They have some of the best all-natural vegan products that are praised all over the place like the pages of GQ, Men’s Health, Esquire, and Forbes.
Their Devil’s Delight Beard Oil is one of the best out there right now. It’s vegan and all-natural which, of course, is what you want in a beard oil. Especially if you’ve got sensitive skin that’s prone to acne.
They created this beard oil using some of the best oils like Jojoba, Soybean, Sunflower, and Avocado. There’s even Vitamin E in it which is great for hydrating your beard and keeping it silky and smooth.
- There aren’t any harmful chemicals that will irritate your skin or cause any breakouts. It’s all-natural and vegan so you don’t have to worry about that with this beard oil.
- It works really well for all different beard types. Doesn’t matter if you have the coarsest beard, it will soften it up and have it looking silky and smooth.
- It’s great for the dudes with sensitive skin.
- It’s super oily. So that means it’s best for guys with dry skin. If you have oily skin already it could make it worse and could cause you to break out.
- The scent is super sweet but really intense. It lingers all day and could irritate you if you’re sensitive to smells.
Jack Black is another awesome brand that makes paraben-free, cruelty-free products with no harsh chemicals that damage your skin––uber important for guys with acne.
It’s actually one of the best beard oils for acne prone skin because it fights itchiness and skin irritation while keeping your beard hydrated and moisturized so it stays healthy.
They use certified organic natural oils and vitamins like Plum and Marula Oil and Vitamin E that prevent dryness and fights the itchiness that happens when you’re growing your beard out or even in between shaves.
But their beard oil also won’t clog your pores. That’s super important in a beard oil because clogged pores lead to acne breakouts. This beard oil doesn’t do that.
It softens your facial hair while conditioning it and leaving it feeling silky smooth and giving it the perfect sheen.
- The natural oils they use absorb into your skin quickly. They are great for hydrating your beard and keeping it healthy without clogging your pores.
- It works well for all different types of facial hair.
- I love the scent. It’s the scent of a clean and fresh man in the Spring. Your girl will love it.
- It’s great for conditioning your beard but if you have dry skin or really coarse facial hair, you’ll need to use a lot of product to get it soft and be able to style it.
- It comes out super thin. That makes you feel like you need to use a lot more than you actually do. But remember overdoing it will make your beard super oily. Less is more with this beard oil. Trust me.
You can’t go wrong with Cremo. They make awesome products for dudes from all different walks of life. From the rough and tumble dude to the guy in the suit and tie working on Capitol Hill. And that’s why they’ve been so successful in the men’s grooming space. They cater to the guy in all of us.
I love their beard oil. And it’s one of the best beard oils for acne prone skin, too, because it’s made to fight itchiness and all types of skin irritation, all while making your beard soft, hydrated, and healthy.
It has two of my favorite oils in its ingredients––Argan and Jojoba. They’re the oils you want on your side if you’re fighting with dry skin or a beard that just won’t do right.
They also protect your skin and nourish your facial hair so that it grows out evenly and as smooth as possible.
The scent is awesome, too. It’s a minty fresh scent that sticks around long after using it. You’ll have one of the best smelling beards in the office when you use this beard oil. And you can expect lots of compliments.
- The Argan and Jojoba Oils are outstanding oils that will get your beard healthy and hydrated and keep it that way.
- I love the scent. The minty, freshness reminds me of a clean, cool breeze and my girl is obsessed with it.
- I love how lightweight it is. Your beard won’t feel weighed down or super heavy which is always great.
- For the fellas with super sensitive skin, you’ve got to be mindful of not overusing it. It can be too harsh and cause irritation if you use it too often. I always suggest trying it out on a small patch of your beard first to see if there are any reactions. If not, then you’re good to go.
- It’s super oily. Make sure you’re only using a few dabs on your fingertips. There is no need to overdo it and end up clogging your pores or breaking out because of excessive oil.
Honest Amish specializes in all-natural, 100% organic men’s grooming products that never use any man-made chemicals that’ll damage your skin or the environment. Now that’s a brand I can definitely get behind.
But aside from how healthy their products are, they’re actually really awesome.
Their beard oil has a boatload of essential oils like Virgin Argan Oil, Avocado Oil, Virgin Pumpkin Seed Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, and Grapeseed Oil––all the best oils that help strengthen your beard and keep it hydrated and growing.
It’s also really great for dry and itchy skin. And it works. That’s why it’s one of the best beard oils for acne prone skin. Because it’s soothing and fights irritation, dryness and the itchiness that comes with acne.
And it’s super easy to use. To get the most out of this beard oil just follow these simple instructions.
- Wash your beard.
- Get a small amount into your palms and rub your hands together.
- Run your hands through your beard, making sure to cover the entire beard evenly.
- Fights irritation and relieves the annoying itch that comes with growing your beard. But it’ll also help soothe acne prone skin, too.
- The ingredients are some of the best. They get your beard in its best shape and help to keep it that way.
- It’s powerful. All you need is a drop or two and it’ll be enough to coat your entire beard. Remember that a little goes a long way with this one.
- I’m not a fan of the scent. It smells too medicine-ish and it’s way too strong.
- It’s heavy and takes a long time to absorb into your beard. That’s something they need to work on because this is a great beard oil.
If you’re a fan of the essential oils that I’m always raving about, you’ll love Beardoholic. They’ve been around since 2012 and in the last ten years have been featured all over the place.
Places like Huffington Post, BUZZFEED, New York Magazine, The Atlantic, and Business Insider have all praised their products.
Their beard oil is literally packed with all the organic essential oils you can imagine. They have Argan, Jojoba, Almond, Castor, Grapeseed, and Wheat Germ Oils in the formula, so you know it’s an outstanding beard oil.
It moisturizes the skin underneath your beard, and it fights that annoying itch we all deal with when our beard grows. But those oils also soften your facial hair and get rid of flakes and dry skin that can look like dandruff in your beard.
But it also helps to get your beard growing out, too. That’s awesome for the dudes with patchy beards or beards that just refuse to grow.
I also love that you can use it as a leave-in conditioner.
- Packed with all the essential oils. They’ll soften your beard, get it shiny, and have it at its healthiest.
- I love that it fights itch and irritation. That’s great for guys who deal with acne.
- It’s non-greasy and absorbs quickly into your beard.
- You have to be patient when using this beard oil. It can take a while before you see results.
- The scent is more chemical-y than I’d like. It’s important to only use a little of this product at a time so you’re not overwhelmed by the scent.
Is Beard Oil Safe for Acne Prone Skin?
Yes! There are several beard oils that are safe for acne prone skin. There are some that are even made specifically for it. It boils down to finding a beard oil that has great ingredients.
I always recommend finding a product that’s not harsh or has chemicals that will further irritate acne.
If you’re using beard oils that are all-natural, organic, and have some really great essential oils, you shouldn’t have a problem.
But it’s also good to keep in mind that oils can clog your pores and irritate your skin or cause an acne flare up.
So, you have to keep that in mind and not overuse your beard oil. But as long as you’re keeping an eye on your skin’s reaction and not dousing it in oil, beard oils (the good ones) are safe to use if you’ve got acne prone skin.
What To Look for In Beard Oils for Acne Prone Skin
For acne prone skin, it’s important to look for a beard oil that’s as all-natural and organic as possible. This means that you won’t have to worry about harmful chemicals irritating your skin or cause your acne to flare up and break out.
But there’s also a key ingredient I’d recommend you look for: anti-inflammatory. That would be something like Tea Tree Oil.
It’s a great ingredient for anyone with acne prone skin because it’ll cool and soothe your skin while helping to reduce the chances for a breakout.
It’s also important because it will reduce any swelling in your pores and underneath your skin where acne gets irritated and flares up. If your beard oil has an anti-inflammatory, that’s something that soothes your skin when it’s irritated and helps to keep any acne flare ups at bay.
But I’d also recommend you look for beard oils that are paraben-free and free of harsh chemicals that can further irritate your skin or cause you to have a bad breakout.
And always, remember to test the product out on a small patch of hair first, before putting it all over your beard. You want to make sure you don’t have any weird reactions.