It can take a lot of time, skill, know-how, and commitment to grow an amazing beard. But luckily there’s help. These are the 5 best beard growth products that I love and trust.
Table of Contents
Jack Black Beard Grooming Kit (Our Top Pick)
Jack Black is one of my favorite brands to use for growing and maintaining my beard. They have some of the best paraben-free, cruelty-free products with no harsh chemicals that damage your skin or facial hair.
Their beard oil, included in their grooming kit, is awesome. It was even featured in GQ as one of the best beard oils to prevent dryness and beard itch––something that a lot of us know about.
What I love about this grooming kit is that it’s full of outstanding products that will stimulate the hair follicles on your face to make your beard grow evenly and healthy.
The Beard Wash is an awesome cleanser that will remove all the dirt, oil, and pollutants that cling to your skin and cause acne breakouts and clog your pores which stunts hair growth. It also does an awesome job of conditioning and hydrating your beard and the skin underneath.
The Beard Lube Conditioning Shave is one of those amazing pre-shave oils that softens your facial hair and allows for a smooth, pain-free shave.
It’s also great as an aftershave, too.
And their Beard Oil is one of my favorites. It’s packed with certified organic natural oils and vitamins like Plum and Marula Oil and Vitamin E that prevent dryness and fights that irritating itch that we all deal with when our beard is growing.
These are some of the best beard growth products you’ll find that’ll have your beard looking thick, full, and healthy.
- This grooming kit comes with awesome products. The Beard Oil alone is packed with tons of organic natural oils like Plum and Marula Oil and Vitamin E–-all amazing ingredients that’ll have your beard looking sick in no time.
- They smell amazing. The oils they use in the Beard Oil and Beard Lube smell amazing and are a mixture of cleanliness, freshness, and manliness all in one.
- The natural oils absorb into your skin quickly and prevent dryness and itchiness––a staple of irritation when growing your beard.
- I wish the products in this kit came in bigger sizes. They feel more travel sized and run out quickly.
- For guys with dry skin or coarser hair, you’ll need to use a lot of product to get the softness that you’re looking for. That makes it run out quickly and I’m not a fan of feeling like you’re throwing money away.
Bossman is one of those brands that you use when you want to feel like the man. They’ve been featured in places like BuzzFeed, Heavy. for how awesome their products are and how they celebrate the masculinity and modern manliness in all of us dudes.
They’re even sold in thousands of Whole Foods around the country.
And their beard kit is outstanding. It has everything you need to grow a healthy and sexy beard. One that will have your girl’s mouth watering every time she sees you.
Here’s what’s included in the kit:
- Fortify Intense Beard Conditioner
- Jelly Beard Oil
- Relaxing Beard Balm
- MUDstache Wax
- Metal Beard & Mustache Comb.
What I love about the products they’ve included in every Bossman Beard Kit is that they are made with all-natural ingredients. The Beard Conditioner, for example, has awesome stuff like Mango Butter, Aloe Leaf Juice, Sunflower seed Oil, Coconut Oil, and Shea Butter.
These are all some of the best, top of the line, moisturizing ingredients that hydrate your facial hair and seeps into your pores to nourish your hair follicles and stimulate beard growth.
But there’s also the Jelly Beard Oil which is one of my favorite things to use. It’s definitely one of the best beard products to use because of its ingredients. There’s Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Soybean Oil, and Beeswax––more outstanding ingredients that Bossman guarantees will take your beard to the next level.
But there’s also the Beard Balm. I love that it goes on really smooth and keeps my beard feeling soft and hydrated all day by trapping moisture into my facial hair and the skin underneath.
And I love how thick it is, too.
- The products in this beard kit are amazing for your beard’s health and the skin underneath your beard. All the essential oils and butters make for some of the best hydrating ingredients around.
- I love that you can use these products on all different stages of beard growth. It works well for stubble, as well as short or long beards.
- It’s also really good for all different beard types and textures.
- The Jelly Beard Oil can leave your beard feeling too greasy.
- The scent of the Beard Balm is wonderful but very intense. If you’re sensitive to smells it might be too much for you.
- The conditioner is hard to wash out. You’ll need to scrub your beard to make sure you’ve gotten it all out.
Viking Revolution is a really unique brand that caters to what they call the “modern man with high standards.” They’ve been featured in Esquire, USA Today, Men’s Journal, and New York Magazine as well as a slew of other places.
And for good reason. Their products are awesome.
The Viking Revolution Beard Kit is one of the best beard growth products you’ll find this year because it has some really awesome products and tools included that will help you get the perfect beard.
Here’s what’s in the kit:
- Sandalwood scented Beard Oil
- Beard Balm
- Wooden Boars Hair Beard Brush
- Double sided beard comb
- Beard scissors
Their beard oil is one of my favorites. I love the way it feels on my beard, and I give credit to the ingredients they use. There’s Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Mango Butter, and Beeswax––all amazing oils that are great moisturizers.
And like I always say, the key to a healthy beard and healthy skin is keeping it hydrated and moisturized.
That’s also the key to growing your beard, too. So, if you’re struggling with patches or a beard that just won’t seem to grow, the Viking Revolution Beard Oil is a great product to try.
I love the Beard Balm, too. It has the same awesome ingredients but where it differs from the Beard Oil is that you can leave it on once you apply it. It’ll deep condition and moisturize your beard.
And it’s necessary if you’re trying to grow a nice, thick, full beard.
But I also love the tools they include in this kit. It’s super convenient to take on the road when you’re traveling and they’re great for trimming and styling your beard yourself.
- A wonderful set that comes with tools that are easy to use to trim and style your beard yourself.
- The Beard Oil and Beard Balm have awesome oils that are great for keeping your beard healthy and hydrated.
- I love that you can use the Beard Balm as a leave-in conditioner. That’s great for guys with dry skin or coarser hair.
- The Beard Balm’s scent is extremely light. It can seem like there’s no scent at all.
- The brush could be a better quality. I don’t think the bristles are strong enough for really thick or long beards.
Copenhagen Grooming is another really unique brand. The guys there focus on the science of hair growth for both the hair on your head and the hair on your face. They’ve got a Beard Growth Kit that comes with products they’ve tested over and over to make sure they work.
This brand has been covered by GQ, Men’s Health, WIRED, and The Guardian because of the innovative techniques they’ve come up with to stimulate hair growth and help guys get that amazing looking beard we all want.
Here’s what’s included in their Grooming Beard Hair Kit:
- Beard Roller Cleanser
- Beard Roller
- Activator Serum
- Keychain Comb
The two main products you’ll use in this kit are the Beard Roller and the Activator Serum. What the beard roller does is stimulate hair follicles in your face––even the ones that have stopped growing.
It also primes your pores for the Activator Serum.
The activator serum seeps deep into your pores and activates all your hair follicles and all of your facial hair which allows it to grow.
What I find interesting with the activator serum is that it uses a triple complex design the guys have come up with that targets hair for growth and thickness by using Biotin, Arginine, and Capilla Longa.
To get the best results from this beard kit, you should use the activator once a day and the beard roller twice a week. That will keep your skin and hair follicles primed and ready for stimulation so that your fair grows.
- I love that this kit is super easy to use. It may sound complicated because of all the nerdy beard growth science but trust me, it’s not.
- The plant stem cell tech they use on their products is super interesting and seems to be a great option for guys who are struggling with beard growth.
- It can take a long time to see results. Especially if you’re one of the guys who has a lot of hair loss or patches in your beard. You have to be patient with this kit.
- I’m not a fan of the scent. The activator smells too much like medicine to me.
The Beard Club is a brand that’s trusted and endorsed by The Beard himself, basketball legend James Harding. It was started by a group of dudes who, like most of us, wanted to have an amazing beard. They understood that the beard is the centerpiece of your face and what people notice first and so they created a beard growth kit that gets your beard tight and right.
I really love this kit because it’s got some bomb ass products in it.
Here’s what’s included:
- Beard Shampoo
- Beard Growth Vitamins
- Beard Growth Vitamin Spray
- Beard Growth Accelerator Oil
- Beard Derma Roller
- Beard Brush
That’s a lot of bang for your buck. And they’re actually really good for your beard. The Beard Growth Accelerator Oil is one of my favorite products in this kit. It has Castor and Coconut Oil, which are great essential oils that help your beard grow.
The Beard Growth Vitamin has over 20 vitamins that are specific to hair growth––Biotin and MSM. They’re also good for your skin, too.
The Beard Growth Vitamin Spray has amazing ingredients like Biotin and Vitamin D, and the Beard Shampoo has Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Coconut and Castor Oils, too.
So, every product in this kit is made with healthy ingredients that feed and nourish your hair. These are some of the best options for the fellas in the beard struggle.
- A boatload of great products come in this kit. And all the products are made with natural ingredients that are good for your skin and hair and will stimulate beard growth.
- The Beard Growth Oil does an awesome job eliminating beard itch and softens facial hair.
- You can take this kit with you on the road which is awesome for traveling.
- The scent is not great. I don’t like the way it smells and it’s very intense.
- It may take a while to see results. You have to be consistent in using it and have patience.
Do Beard Growth Products Work?
Beard Growth products do really work. The good ones have a boatload of vitamins and minerals and essential oils that are great for your skin, and they stimulate your facial hair’s growth.
There are some like the Beard Club Kit that comes with vitamins like Biotin and MSM, which are known to be great hair, skin, and nail vitamins.
As long as the beard growth product you’re using has those ingredients, they should work. But you have to be patient. You won’t see results overnight. You have to remember to be consistent and use the products regularly and as directed to see results.
What To Look for When Buying Beard Growth Products?
You want to look for the essentials––vitamins like Biotin and MSM. But also, Essential Oils like Argan, Coconut, Castor, and Olive oil. These are all powerful ingredients that stimulate hair growth and keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
As I always say, all-natural ingredients are the way to go. They won’t damage or harm your skin or stunt your beard growth like some brands that have harsh chemicals in their product.
Always look at the ingredients and be sure they’re as natural or close to all-natural as possible.
Do Beard Growth Products Work on Mustaches?
Yes! Beard growth products will work on your mustache. I don’t see any harm in using them on your mustache because most, if not all, beard growth products are made specifically for facial hair.
And since your mustache has the same texture as your beard, you can use it on both your beard and mustache.