Here’s a list of the best moisturizers for a Black bald head because keeping your skin moisturized is the key to its health. And it’s essential, especially for Black men with bald heads, to moisturize your skin every day.
And yes, that includes your scalp.
Table of Contents
Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer (Our Top Pick)
Jack Black is one of my favorite brands ever. But they’re not just one of MY personal favorites, they’re one of the faves of men’s skincare reviewers from the likes of Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Health, Esquire, DETAILS, GQ, and Ebony.
That’s how awesome their products are.
What I love about their Double Duty Face Moisturizer and why it’s one of the best moisturizers for a Black bald head is the long-lasting hydration it provides. When you’re rocking a baldie, it’s imperative that you keep your scalp moisturized to prevent excessive dryness and those God-awful flakes that annoy the hell out of us all.
This moisturizer is also super lightweight. Gone are the days when your head feels bogged down, heavy, and overly oily. You can kiss all that goodbye with this moisturizer.
Think of it as a top-of-the-line synthetic oil, you’d put in your favorite sports car, but for your scalp.
There’re also some awesome ingredients here, too, like vitamins and antioxidants. But it’s the Blue Algae and Sea Parsley that are my fave. These are known for not only giving your skin much-needed hydration, but to also absorb quickly.
A small dab in the palm of your hand and slid evenly over your entire head will get the job done. Just remember to use it daily because it fights against all kinds of stuff like sun damage. Yes, you can get sun damage on your head, too.
- Super lightweight product that goes on clean and doesn’t give your head that feeling of heaviness or excessive oil.
- I love the long-lasting hydration this moisturizer gives you. It’ll keep your scalp
- It has some amazing ingredients like Blue Algae and Sea Parsley. They’re great for their moisturizing ability.
- If you’ve got really dry skin, you may need a stronger moisturizer. Especially if you’re prone to dandruff flakes.
- Some people may be allergic to some of the ingredients. It’s important to read the label carefully to avoid any skin reactions.
- I wish it smelled better. It could be a sweeter, more cooling aroma to it instead of smelling so chemical-y.
Bee Bald Smooth Plus Daily Moisturizer
Some dudes work out in the sun. And if you’re rocking a bald head, that can lead to some serious sun damage on your scalp. But there’s Bee Bald Smooth Plus Daily Moisturizer that helps to prevent any of that.
They specialize in moisturizers that prevent sun damage and shields you from those harmful UV rays that beam down on us, especially during the summer.
What I really love about this moisturizer is how cool and fresh your scalp feels after each use. Not many other brands can claim to do the same––especially not moisturizers from big box chain brands like Axe or Old Spice.
But there are also some ingredients in this moisturizer that I really love, too. There’s Honey Extract, Goji Berries, Bee Pollen Extract, and Fruit Extract. These are all awesome natural ingredients that’ll keep your scalp healthy and looking its best.
Pro Tip: The best time to use this moisturizer is 15 minutes before going outside into the sun and about 45 minutes after swimming or working out in the gym. You can use it right after showering but just make sure to towel dry your head thoroughly first.
- Provides some amazing sun protection. You won’t have to worry about sun damage on your scalp when you use this moisturizer.
- I love the ingredients––Goji Berries and Honey and Fruit Extracts are awesome for getting the hydration your scalp needs while also fighting flakes and dandruff.
- It gives your head a cool, fresh feeling after using it. I love that you don’t have to worry about oil buildup, too. That leads to head acne and dandruff.
- I wish it lasted longer. By midday your head can sometimes feel dried out and like you need to grab more.
- Not a fan of the scent. It smells like clay or Play-dough to me.
- Can leave your head too shiny. I’m not a fan of the overly shiny look and using too much of this moisturizer can cause that.
Headblade Head Lube
Back in ’97 when Biggie had everybody “Hypnotized” and Lil’ Kim had a “Crush on You,” Headblade was being designed. It’s been featured in places like Sport’s Illustrated, MAXIM, and Men’s Health. It would also go on to be one of TIME magazines “Best Inventions of the Year” in 2000.
Not to mention, their Headblade design was even featured at the MoMa in NYC.
It’s more than twenty years later, and the Headblade has expanded their brand to include haircare and other grooming products for men.
And that’s where their Head Lube comes in.
What I love about this moisturizer is that it’s another one that gives your head outstanding protection from the sun. Your exposed scalp is sensitive to the sun, especially after shaving it, so I love that this moisturizer has an SPF of 50. That’s some awesome protection.
I also love that it’s paraben and oil free.
What does that mean?
Well, you don’t have to worry about oil buildup on your scalp that causes unsightly bumps and other skin conditions that come with clogged pores.
But it’s also water resistant too.
Just get a good finger length in the palm of your hand and distribute it evenly over your head and, according to Headblade, you’ll be covered for up to 80 minutes.
Did I mention that it’s greaseless, too? You won’t have to worry about an overly shiny dome while using this moisturizer. And that’s a good thing.
- Awesome formula that’s greaseless and water resistant. I love that you don’t have to worry about too much shine or the moisturizer wearing off if you decide to take a dip in the pool. Nothing worse than a product running into your eyes and burning the hell out of them.
- I’m a sucker for natural, healthy ingredients and I love that they’ve created this formula with no parabens, no oil, AND it’s cruelty free which means no animal testing is done. That’s a huge plus. Chicks dig a sensitive dude. Just saying.
- The sun protection is top notch. I’m a fan of theirs for how much effort they put into protecting your scalp from sun damage by carrying an SPF level of 50.
- It can feel like more of a sunscreen than an actual moisturizer because it comes out pretty thin. That can be frustrating if you’re used to a thicker moisturizer.
- The matte finish isn’t as strong as I’d like.
Lather & Wood Facial Moisturizer
Lather & Wood has a special place in my heart. Not only do they make some of the best kick ass products for men, but I really love their philosophy. Tired of those big box brands that squeeze you for every penny while selling you bullshit in a jar?
Then trust me, Lather & Wood is for you.
No lie, I swear by this is one of the best moisturizers for a black bald head. And here’s why.
It’s one of the best all-natural moisturizers that’s not too harsh or dries your skin out. But it doesn’t leave it greasy and overly oily either.
And that’s important.
The scalp is a sensitive area of skin that can be easily damaged and because this moisturizer is non-greasy and oil free, it’s definitely one of the best moisturizers for a Black bald head.
But there’s also ingredients like Organic Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, and a boatload of botanical antioxidants like Palm Oil. These are known for their nourishing effects and how they feed a massive amount of hydration to the skin.
And you can use this moisturizer in the morning before work, or at night before bed. I’d recommend using it both times just to make sure that your scalp is hydrated and you’re keeping the dryness at bay. When your scalp is dry, it causes head acne and flakes.
Who wants that?
Pro Tip: You can use this to moisturize your scalp, but you can also use it as an under eye cream to fight bags and dark circles.
- Made with amazing all-natural ingredients like Shea Butter, Organic Jojoba Oil, and Palm Oil. They’ll keep your scalp fresh and hydrated.
- I love the versatility of this moisturizer. You can rock it first thing in the morning before leaving the house and even use it before bed. That’s awesome for those of us with super dry skin.
- It’s awesome that it isn’t too harsh. I love that it won’t overly dry your skin out or have your scalp way too oily. The formula is a perfect middle ground that’ll give your scalp all the love it needs to be healthy and look good.
- It’s fragrance free. I wish there was some kind of scent. It always feels nice when you have a nice aroma lingering from your grooming products.
- I wish it was thicker. It comes out pretty thin so it can feel like you need to slather on a lot to feel moisturized. Don’t. Overuse can end up clogging your pores and stealing from your wallet.
Mountaineer Brand Bald Head Care
For the brothers that are serious about their baldie, Mountaineer Brand Bald Head Care is for you. They’ve created a bundle of carefully put together products with some amazing ingredients to give you the best looking and healthiest bald head on the block.
Their Bald Head Care bundle has 4 products that do everything from exfoliate to protecting your scalp.
There’s a cleansing head and face scrub that’s great for exfoliating dead skin. There’s head and face wash that is a powerful cleanser. It’ll keep your skin clean and glowing. There’s Shine Away which is a cooling gel that is pH balanced to give you the healthiest possible skin. And there is the moisturizing balm for that final buff.
And they’re 100% all natural, too, which is really dope. I’m always touting all-natural products and that’s for a reason. They’re freaking awesome and they’re very good for you, too.
There are some of my favorite essential oils in this bundle. Stuff like Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Grape Seed Oil are present in each product in this bundle. So this was an easy pick to include on this list of best moisturizers for a black bald head.
Pro Tip: You can use this bundle daily or as often as you’d like. I’d recommend using them only at night before bed for the first week or two to make sure your skin doesn’t have any bad reactions. It’s important that you test these products out to make sure you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
- I love the ingredients. Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Grape Seed Oil are all essential oils that give your scalp the nourishment it needs to get and stay healthy.
- It’s pH balanced and that’s one of my favorite aspects. It’s incredibly important to use products that are pH balanced to keep your scalp healthy.
- It’s a huge bonus that you can use this on your face, too. I love that the ingredients are so good and they’ll fight premature aging.
- I don’t like the scent. It’s a super strong menthol that can overpower your body wash, cologne or shampoo.
- It’s super sticky. It can feel weird and uncomfortable on your head because it’s so thick and sticky. It takes some getting used to.
How Do You Take Care of a Black Bald Head?
As a Black man with a bald head, there are some specific steps to follow if you want to make sure it stays healthy and looks great. Because your scalp is exposed to the elements, you want to be sure you are using the best products that’ll fight sun damage as well as keep your scalp as moist and hydrated as possible. Having a dry scalp leads to dandruff and flakes
Simply follow these instructions once you’ve bought one of the moisturizers on this list of best moisturizer for a black bald head.
- Use an electric clipper to trim your hair as low as possible.
- Wash your head with shampoo and then clean off with a hot towel.
- Apply an awesome shave lather or gel to your head, making sure you cover the entire thing.
- Then grab a fresh, clean razor and shave off all the stubble and short leftover hair using long strokes. I like to use a front to back pattern to keep everything neat. But hey, I’m a little OCD. Whatever pattern works for you is fine.
- When you’re done, be sure to use warm water to wash off any of the leftover shaving gel residue. Be sure you’ve gotten behind your ears, too. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve slipped up and left extra strands there.
- It’s very important to drape a hot, wet towel over your head for a few minutes when you’re done. This will help to prevent ingrown hairs, which causes those horrendous razor bumps.
- Get your aftershave and run it over your head to protect it. Your scalp is super sensitive after you shave so this is an important step.
- Then apply your moisturizer. Make sure it’s one that has some awesome ingredients and won’t dry your scalp out. Look for essential oils and natural ingredients. Trust me, your scalp will thank you.