The best hair mousses for men will give you two things: an amazing hold and an awesome shine. So, peep this list of favorites because there’s no better way to feel like the man when you walk out the door than to have an amazing head of hair.
And these mousses will bring your hairstyle to the next level.
Table of Contents
Sebastian Mousse Forte (Our Top Pick)
The Sebastian brand is known all around the world for the outstanding hair products they’ve been creating since the 70s. They stand out among the slew of others you’ll find on the shelf at your favorite store.
And a half century later, they’ve created a mousse that lives up to Sebastian’s forty-plus-year reputation
I love this particular mousse because they’re made for everyday dudes like you and me. Dudes who want to look good and feel good without the hassle of going to the salon or barbershop every couple of days.
I also really love that it works on all different hair types––kinky, straight, curly, or frizzy hair.
And speaking of frizz, this mousse controls it.
No seriously. It does.
You won’t have to worry about humidity or the hot summer giving your hair hell and causing you to have all that embarrassing frizz.
And it’s heat resistant, too, which means it won’t fall flat or frizz up in the heat, but it’ll also protect your hair from harmful UV rays. And that’s why this is one of the best hair mousses for men.
I think it’s great to use all year round but is particularly awesome in the summertime.
- Works for all different hair types. I love a product that’s versatile.
- Gives a nice, strong hold without making your hair hard or crunchy.
- The level of frizz control is awesome. There’s no need to worry about your hair looking crazy, even after a few hours in the summer heat.
- It works great for all hair types but if you’ve got thick hair, it may be challenging and a bit more work to get a good hold with this one. I personally think it’s better suited for thinner hair.
- The aroma is super strong and can overpower your other scents. I’m not a big fan of products that overwhelm my cologne.
What I love about Kenra is that they are one of those haircare, grooming brands that’s been around for literally almost an entire century. Can you imagine the level of knowledge and expertise they’ve gained over so many years?
And their Volume Mousse is just as excellent as the hundreds of other products they’ve created in the almost 100 years they’ve been around.
I think this is one of the best hair mousses for men because it performs like no other. And it’s great that your hair doesn’t dry or flake.
You get way more quality with Kenra than you do with brands like Suave or TRESemmé––big box brands that throw any kind of chemicals regardless of if they’re good for you or not into their products.
And it’s super easy to use, too. Just follow these steps and you’ll be ready to hit the streets with your hair looking good AF.
- Wash and condition your hair.
- Towel dry your hair but be sure to leave it a little damp. This mousse works really well with damp hair.
- Shake well.
- Spray a good amount into the palm of your hands.
- Be sure to distribute evenly throughout your entire hair for it to look its best.
- I love how lightweight this mousse is. It’s not heavy and won’t or have your hair looking matted down.
- It’s heat resistant, too. That means you don’t have to worry about the summer sun making your hair sweat out or look flat.
- There’s no flaking or drying your hair out.
- You have to wash it out before using more the next day. If not, it can make your hair flat and not work the way it’s supposed to.
- Only use a small amount. Using too much can make your hair dry.
Maui has been featured in places like People, NYLON, and Reader’s Digest because their products are awesome. And their Foam Mousse is one of my favorites.
First of all, this mousse is vegan. What that means is that there are really great ingredients that nourish your hair and make it stronger.
There’s Aloe Vera that gives your hair some serious moisture. And that’s exactly what you need for your hair to be healthy. There’s also creamy coconut milk, guava oil and mango butter––all phenomenal ingredients. I love these healthy ingredients that won’t damage your hair or cause it to break off or dry out.
But there’s no alcohol, no parabens, and no silicone. Those are chemicals that do nothing but damage your hair especially with long-term use.
- It has a ton of healthy vegan ingredients that’s super great for your hair’s health.
- This mousse moisturizes and doesn’t leave your hair crunchy.
- You can use this mousse daily and not have to worry about any long-term damage.
- Applying too much can dry your hair out. It’s important to not overdo it. Always remember, less is more.
- It’s sticky as hell. Make sure you have some good hand soap nearby.
Tgin is another bomb ass brand whose excellent haircare and grooming products have gained them tons of success. We’re not the only one’s who say this is one of the hair mousses for men. They’ve been featured everywhere from ABC News and Fox News to USA Today and Essence.
And I love their Hydrating Mousse. It’s one of the best hair mousses for men because it’s another one that’s super healthy. The ingredients are all-natural and that’s always the best way to go.
It’s made with raw honey that enhances your hair’s shine without it looking fake or greasy.
And it’s also paraben free. Those are the chemicals you want to stay away from because they destroy your hair.
And the fact that it’s anti-frizz is a great bonus, too.
- I love the use of raw honey and the shine it gives.
- It’s paraben-free which means those dangerous chemicals that damage your hair aren’t present in this mousse.
- It fights frizz which is great for those super humid summer months that kill your hair.
- It doesn’t work that great for the guys with thick hair. It’s much better suited for you if you have thin hair.
- It leaves sticky residue on your hands and scalp. That can be a real headache when you’re rushing in the morning and don’t have the time.
Avenue Man has some amazing high-end products that are masculine, organic and great for your hair. They’re created by a team of chemists, designers, and stylists that know what they’re doing when it comes to creating awesome hair products.
What I love about their mousse is that it’s super healthy and a great product that you can use every day. It’ll give your hair volume and texture all while protecting your hair from environmental damage like UV rays.
It’s also paraben-free, alcohol-free, and is void of all those harsh chemicals that cause damage to your hair.
And it’s super easy to use. Just make sure your hair is damp when you use it so it takes. Most mousses work best on damp hair.
- Spray a small amount into your palms
- Rub it into your hair, being sure to spread it evenly throughout.
- If you’re going for a thicker look with more volume, apply it from the roots of your hair to the ends.
- Let it air dry.
- A super healthy mousse that is paraben-free, alcohol-free, and does not have any harsh chemicals.
- It’s anti-frizz, which means your hair won’t be frizzy and crazy in the heat.
- I love that it protects your hair from UV rays and other kinds of environmental damage.
- It’s unscented. If you’re looking for one of those mousses that has a nice scent to it, you’ll be disappointed.
- The hold isn’t as strong as I would like it to be.
Should Men Use Hair Mousse?
Absolutely! Using hair mousse adds a wonderful texture and shine to your hair, especially if you’re using the best mousse for your hair type. A good mousse will have your hair looking stylish and if you’re using one that’s a healthy, all-natural and organic mousse, you’re doing yourself a favor.
You’ll be rocking some good-looking hair in a really dope style while feeding it the nourishment and vitamins it needs to be healthy.
I’m a big fan of hair mousse and I think they’re a great product to use, especially if you want to get away from gel or pomades and try something different.
What Is Hair Mousse Best For?
Mousse is best for giving your hair a sleek and shiny finish. Yes, a lot of mousse does provide holds for whatever style you’re trying to rock, but to me, the best part of using mousse is that sleek look.
A good mousse will give you just the right amount of shine without having your hair looking greasy. And it will also give you a really good hold without making your hair crunchy and tough.
Can I Use Hair Mousse Daily?
Mousse can definitely be used daily. As long as you’re using one that has natural ingredients or is organic and doesn’t have parabens and all those other dangerous chemicals that damage your hair, you should be fine.
One thing I would advise is to make sure you’re washing your hair thoroughly each morning, though. Some mousses can dry out your hair and you don’t want it sitting in your hair for days without giving a break from the chemicals––even if they are healthy.
Sometimes it’s good to let your hair breathe.