Lots of guys don’t realize that oily skin has an easy solution: get the best men’s face wash for oily skin and use it multiple times daily. The only surefire way to dissolve those oils on your face is with a gentle soap.
As someone who suffers from oily skin myself, getting the right face wash is a game changer, especially if you’ve been skipping your morning and evening washes, or buying low-quality products.
If you’re like me, one of the things you miss most in a face wash is the lather. Rich lathering soaps and oily skin usually seem like a bad combo (they never seem to leave you with that fresh-face feeling), but Brickell Men’s clarifying gel face wash is a bold exception.
The face wash is soft and soapy, but hardy enough to dissolve oils and leave your skin clear and soft. It also won’t dry you out, which is a huge problem for so many guys with oily skin who choose drying face washes.
My favorite part – the face wash is moisturizing enough that using a lotion or oil afterwards is optional. Either way, your skin should feel fine and dandy.
• It has a fun lather. Very few oil-fighting face washes lather so nicely.
• Promises clear, soft skin with that nice clean feeling.
• Built specifically for guys with oily skin, not a generic face wash (you can also check out Brickell’s face wash for dry skin. They have that too!)
• Long-lasting bottle, worth the investment for months of use.
• Made for really oily skin. Guys with light oils might find it too drying.
Rugged & Dapper knows that guys with oily faces need something to scrub, dissolve, and tone. Their 3-in-1 bottle will scour away your dead skin so that it can clean out your pores, providing long-lasting protection from oily skin.
I like it as a travel bottle. If you find that your oils are at their worst midday when you’re not at home, Rugged & Dapper is the perfect single bottle to take with you, rather than shoving 8 different toiletries into your briefcase or backpack.
The catch is that you shouldn’t use this face wash more than once per day (and possibly less than that). If you do, you’ll find yourself with the opposite problem, reading up on face washes for dry skin.
• Clears away dead skin so that the soap has better access to the oil built up in your pores.
• Scrubs, cleanses, and tones, so you don’t have to buy three separate products.
• Travels well, if you need a midday cleanser.
• You should probably use a moisturizer after this face wash to avoid dry skin, so it’s a 3-in-1 product that wishes it could be a 4-in-1.
Some face washes for oily skin are just so harsh. Bevel takes the opposite route, offering a soft soap that you can use throughout the day if you find that your oily skin is out of control.
I rarely say this about face wash, but it’s an essential pre shave. Rather than scouring your skin, it uses a light coconut water and vitamin B3 to gently unclog pores. If you just can’t stand how normal exfoliants feel against your oils, Bevel is the way to go.
Keep in mind, Bevel is a company owned by a black entrepreneur, and it’s products are marketed more so for black skin. That makes it a really great option if you have sensitive oily skin (a devastating combination, I know). It’s gentle but persistent, keeping your face smooth.
• A great option for guys with sensitive and oily skin.
• Works as a gentle pre-shave, for guys who can’t use exfoliants.
• Vitamin B3 repairs skin damage and unclogs pores.
• Won’t be hardy enough alone for guys with heavily oily skin. You’ll have to pair it with an exfoliant and a moisturizer, and maybe use it multiple times daily.
Charcoal is a godsend for rampant oily skin. But it’s a weapon you have to use carefully.
Black Wolf Nation’s charcoal face wash is powerfully cleansing, to the point where it might dry you out if you don’t use a moisturizer. If you want the oil-demolishing benefits of that charcoal, you have to sacrifice your unwillingness to wear a lotion.
It’s also not a face wash that you should necessarily use every day. Start out using it every other day or so, and increase or decrease as needed.
Aside from fighting your oils, Black Wolf’s face wash also just smells and feels great. You can bask for a few moments in how clean your skin will feel before you use a moisturizer.
• Charcoal is one of the most powerful oil-fighters.
• The face wash smells noticeably fresh.
• It has that extremely pleasant fresh-face feeling after use.
• You MUST use a moisturizer after getting charcoal anywhere near your skin. If you can’t handle that, then find a different face wash.
If you have combination oily skin, meaning you suffer from oils and dryness or oils and sensitivity (or god forbid, all three), I’d like to first express my deepest condolences. Secondly, I’d recommend Thrive’s natural face wash.
It’s a gel-based cleanser with all-natural ingredients, so the wash does an especially good job of clearing redness and irritation. It’s one of those face washes that you think about first thing when you get home because of how pleasant it feels while you’re lathering it into your skin.
I would note that it’s not the best oil-buster on this list, but it’s the best for dissolving oils without any negative side effects for combination skin.
• All-natural face wash.
• Cure for oily skin that suffers from redness and irritation.
• Extremely gentle, good for dry skin too if you share products with a housemate.
• Smell is hit or miss. It’s planty, so some will like it and some just won’t.