Looking to keep things neat and tidy down there? With one of the best trimmers for balls, you can make sure that your precious jewels are always polished and ready for handling.
Table of Contents
- 1 Manscaped The Lawn Mower Hair Trimmer 4.0 (Our Top Pick)
- 2 The Trimmer by Meridian
- 3 Philips Norelco Bodygrooming Series 7000
- 4 Remington PG525
- 5 Cleancut Sensitive Area Shaver
- 6 Is It Better To Wax Or Shave Your Balls?
- 7 Is Trimming Better Than Shaving Pubic Hair?
- 8 Which Type Of Trimmer Is Best For Pubic Hair?
- 9 How To Trim Balls Safely
- 10 What’s The Best Trimmer For Balls?
Manscaped The Lawn Mower Hair Trimmer 4.0 (Our Top Pick)
Manscaped was the first major brand to explicitly address men’s needs when it comes to grooming their pubic hair. The Lawn Mower is their fourth generation release, and it boasts all of the special features that make for a great ball trimmer.
It’s a small, cordless, waterproof trimmer, which is a must if you like to groom in the shower. It’s fitted with ceramic blades designed to be extra-gentle on the skin, and the default cutting length is 0.6 mm, which is close enough to achieve a neater look but not so close that it’s likely to cut or pull on your hair.
There are also 4 comb guards included. They can adjust the trimmer to cut at 3, 6, 10, and 13 mm. This is perfect if you’re also grooming the rest of your pubic hair or if you need to cut things down gradually.
It’s not the strongest trimmer, but then again, most men don’t necessarily need an ultra-strong motor when manscaping. If you are planning to use it on some very coarse body hair, you may want a stronger trimmer like the Philips Norelco 7000.
The entire design is incredibly cool, with straight lines and unusual angles that give it a futuristic vibe. It comes with a wireless charging stand, and the entire setup looks sleek sitting on the bathroom counter.
As for the battery – it takes 5 hours to reach full charge, but considering the stand, I can’t imagine you’ll just casually forget to put it back in place. It holds a full charge for 90 minutes, which could be enough for weeks of trimming. The other benefit is that you don’t need to worry about accidentally overcharging it since the wireless docking station regulates charging level by default.
It’s easily one of the best trimmers for balls, period.
- Ceramic blades are extra gentle on sensitive scrotal skin.
- Cordless and waterproof for in-shower use.
- Ideal cutting length for trimming the groin.
- 3 comb guards are included for trimming longer hair.
- Cool design with a very convenient charging station.
- Not powerful enough for very coarse body hair.
The Trimmer by Meridian is a direct competitor to Manscaped, with that same cheeky approach to advertising. It’s a classic electric trimmer with a waterproof, ergonomic design and body-safe ceramic blades that make it great to use on the groin.
Whereas Manscaped 4.0 is sleek and shiny, The Trimmer is round and matte, which brings to mind modern sex toys. It’s not a bad aesthetic, and the curved design is very comfortable to hold. Both are small, which makes them easier to maneuver between the legs.
The Trimmer cuts at around 0.5 mm by default, which is ideal when grooming the balls since they are too delicate and sensitive for an overly-close shave. It also comes with adjustable comb guards for when you trim down longer hair. They go from 3 to 6 mm and 9 to 12 mm, which is a decent range for body grooming.
The battery charges with a classic USB charger, and after 3-4 hours of charging it can work for 90 minutes straight. Perhaps it doesn’t look quite as nice as the Lawn Mower 4.0, and it doesn’t come with the amazing charging dock, but it’s still a solid choice that performs well. It’s no doubt one of the best trimmers for balls.
- The round design is comfortable to hold.
- Small and easy to maneuver between the legs.
- 0.5 mm default length is ideal for trimming balls carefully.
- Adjustable combs allow for body grooming.
- Slightly less fancy than the Lawn Mower 4.0
Philips is a serious, professional brand, so you’ll never find even the briefest mention of a testicle when reading its instructions. Even so, this is a fantastic multi-use trimmer designed for the body, which includes the balls. It’s a great choice if you like to both trim longer hair and shave closely.
This design is double-ended (no, not that way), with an adjustable trimmer on one end and a foil shaver on the other. This is a great combo for the pubic area because the trimmer end cuts far enough that you’re never at risk of cutting yourself. The blades are sharp and the motor is powerful, so it also does a great job of cutting very coarse hair.
Then, the foil shaver gets in close once you’re only dealing with stubble. Despite the dual-ended design, this tool is pretty small and easy to maneuver.
The battery reaches a full charge in an hour and then lasts for 80 minutes of use, which is very respectable.
- Multi-use trimmer can trim long hair or shave down stubble.
- Trimmer end cuts hair gently from a safe distance.
- Powerful enough to cut very coarse hair.
- Quick-charing, long-lasting battery is very convenient.
- Small and easy to maneuver.
- A little too stuffy and serious.
From Remington, this is a multi-use trimmer that works both on your beard and your balls (and other body parts, too). Just make sure to clean it well in between! This trimmer comes with 4 interchangeable heads, as well as combs for adjusting the length.
Of the different attachments, three are relevant for my purpose today. First, there’s the basic beard trimmer which is actually great for grooming pubic hair. There’s an adjustable comb attachment that goes with it, and when set to 2 or 4 mm, it’s perfect for cleaning up the jewels.
Then, there’s the large side-shaver attachment, which allows for a comfortable grip when grooming the chest or other parts of the body. Finally, there’s the foil shaver attachment, which is perfect when you want your skin as smooth and bare as possible.
One major drawback is that this trimmer is not waterproof, so you won’t be able to wet shave or use it in the shower. The battery lasts for up to 70 minutes of use, but you’ll have to charge it overnight.
- You can use this trimmer both on your face and testicles.
- The small comb attachment is the ideal length for trimming balls safely.
- Comes with a body grooming attachment that’s great for other body parts.
- Foil shaver can work for getting a closer shave.
- Not waterproof, so it won’t work in the shower.
- Requires overnight charging.
If you want to get very close and personal with your nether regions, the Cleancut shaver is a great choice. It’s not really a trimmer, but more of a single-rotary cutter that’s ideal for a very close shave. Think of it as an egg polisher rather than a lawnmower.
The blades are made of stainless steel, and they’re covered with a foil that protects the skin. This kind of design shaves stubble down very closely, but it doesn’t work for longer hair. When it comes to testicular grooming, it’s important that you trim your hair down first and only use this shaver afterward. From then on, as long as you use it every 1-2 days, it’ll be a decent go-to.
As for specs, this cordless shaver requires a c-cell battery, which is sadly not included. However, that does mean that it’s incredibly portable, and the battery lasts a very long time. Overall, I still consider it one of the best trimmers for balls.
- Gives a very close shave.
- Foils protect the skin well, to prevent accidents and irritation.
- Takes a battery so it’s extremely portable.
- Rotary design won’t work with longer hair.
- Requires a battery, which is not included.
Is It Better To Wax Or Shave Your Balls?
Please, for the love of all that is sacred, stick to shaving your balls. The scrotum is the last body part you want to wax. I’m not just talking about the pain (although I don’t think it’s possible to overstate just how excruciating it’d be), but also your actual physical safety.
Waxing can work well over body parts where the skin is naturally taut and smooth, or where it’s easy to pull on the skin to tighten it. When applied over loose skin, the wax won’t come off easily – instead, it’ll pull on the skin, which can lead to bruising or even skin getting pulled off. Your scrotum is basically a sack of loose skin, and it’s just not possible to hold it tightly enough to make waxing safe.
Shaving still has its risks, but when done correctly with an electric trimmer, it won’t hurt and it won’t put your precious scrotum at risk of immeasurable damage. Grab yourself any of the best trimmers for balls on this list for best results.
Is Trimming Better Than Shaving Pubic Hair?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder – do you want a clean-shaven, totally bare pubic area or are you down for a short layer of fuzz?
If your goal is for your genitals to have wide appeal, trimming is the clear choice.
When it comes to the face, women like their men clean-shaven, but when it comes to your nethers, things are a little different. According to other surveys, most women like their men’s pubic hair trimmed – not too bushy, but not totally bare, either. It seems like men who are attracted to men hold similar attitudes.
If you’re worried about health and safety, trimming has the edge, especially if you have sensitive skin or you’re prone to ingrown hairs. That said, you can still shave things down safely as long as you’re careful, and you may want to consider using an electric shaver instead of a manual one.
Which Type Of Trimmer Is Best For Pubic Hair?
The best trimmers for balls are going to be advertised as a body or groin trimmer. That’s a sign that the trimmer will move comfortably over the skin even at weird angles, and that it’ll be waterproof should you want to shave in the shower or with shave gel.
Look for a small trimmer, since larger trimmers won’t fit comfortably between your legs. It should have guards that allow you to cut at 2 to 3 mm, which is close enough for a smooth look but not so close that there’s a risk of irritation.
Ceramic blades are often recommended for added gentleness, but any sharp, quality blades will do the trick.
How To Trim Balls Safely
Trimming the balls is a process that requires all of your attention. The scrotal skin is very pliant and sensitive, so cutting it is way too easy. Ballsack cuts bleed a lot – a fact that you don’t want to discover for yourself. To avoid accidents, here’s how to trim your balls safely once you’ve got yourself any of the best trimmers for balls on this list.
- First, get in the shower, and clean your bits thoroughly. It’s important to get rid of any bacteria, and warm water will also help to soften your pubic hair. If you want, you can also apply shaving gel or pre-shave oil.
- Next, you will probably want to get out of the shower. While the best trimmers for balls are always waterproof, most showers won’t give you enough space or light to trim your balls safely.
- Next, prep your trimmer by adjusting its guards or popping on a comb. Start with the longest length at which you need to trim your pubic hair (the longer the hair, the longer the length of trimmer guards you should use).
- Get situated in a position that allows you to access your cojones comfortably – chances are you’ll need to raise one foot on top of a sturdy stool.
- Once you’re in position, turn on your trimmer, and use short strokes to tidy away any hairs growing along the crease where your legs meet the crotch. Those hairs can hurt your ability to see what you’re doing, so they have to go first. You can also trim down the rest of your pubic hair if you want.
- With your non-shaving hand, grab a hold of your ballsack and pull the skin taut. The specific section you’re trimming should be as tight and smooth as possible, so you’ll need to adjust your hold accordingly as you work your way around the scrotum.
- And now you’re ready to actually trim! Take a deep breath, and get started. Trim each section in small strokes, and then move on to the next one.
- If your hair is quite long, you might want to do a second pass with your trimmer adjusted to a shorter length.
- After you’ve trimmed everywhere, feel yourself up a little, but don’t get too excited – just check to see if you missed any spots. If you did, hold those areas tight and give them a second trim.
- If your goal is extra-smooth nuts, you can now shave your ballsack with a rotary or foil shaver. Go slow, be careful, and keep holding things tight. You can use circular motions with the rotary shaver, while with a foil you should shave in one straight direction.
- Once you’re done, give your nethers a good rinse, and apply a light layer of lotion to counter any potential irritation.
What’s The Best Trimmer For Balls?
When it comes to the best trimmers for balls, there are a lot of great options out there, but the Manscaped Lawn Mower 4.0 wins the top spot as the best trimmer for balls. It was made with that very purpose in mind, so it has all the features your gonads need for safe grooming.
Those features include extra-gentle ceramic blades that’ll be kind to the skin surrounding your testes, as well as the right combs and cutting length for gradually trimming down longer pubic hair, and then safely trimming the balls. It’s powerful enough to shave pubic hair thoroughly, but it’s not overpowered which reduces the risk of accidents or irritation.
Finally, the Lawn Mower also impresses with its futuristic design, and the incredibly convenient wireless charging station that comes with it. It’s a well-thought-out, high-end product, which is exactly what your crown jewels deserve.