Body scrubs are a great way to prep your skin for other hygiene products, but even when used by themselves, they can do wonders for your skin. So if you’re going to invest in one, you might as well invest in one of the best body scrub for men.
Table of Contents
Brickell Men’s Polishing Body Scrub (Our Top Pick)
Polishing is a great way to describe what Brickell Mens’ will do for your skin. Talk about a clear complexion!
Plus, they get extra points in my book for being an all-natural skincare company by and for men. That’s a tough market to succeed in, but they really do flourish. If you have a history of rashes and irritation with exfoliating products, this one could be the one for you. With no synthetic or artificial additives, it’s incredibly skin-friendly.
My one complaint is that you have to pair this with a moisturizer. Like most exfoliants, it’ll dry you out afterwards. Otherwise, it’s one of the best body scrub for men.
• It’s gritty but gentle. Gets the sensitive skin stamp of approval.
• Amazing smell, but you can always expect that with Brickell Men’s
• Fades blemishes and clears your complexion faster than you can say, “This stuff is great!”
• You need to hydrate your skin afterwards. The scrub isn’t drying, but it’s also not moisturizing.
Jack Black Turbo Body Scrub
What can I say, I’m a big Jack Black fan. Their scrub has that “this is for the everyday man” kind of vibe. It’s especially great for guys who tend to pick up dust and grime throughout the day.
While it does sell itself as a body scrub, it’s also one of the better pre-shave scrubs you can find. It creates a smooth surface for your razor to glide across without leaving any nics or cuts. Plus, it doubles as an awesome muscle soak.
• “Turbo” is a great way to describe this scrub; it’s not too harsh, but just gritty enough to get the job done.
• Doubles as a pre-shave and muscle soak, so you get more use for your money.
• Great smell, Not distinct or noticeable once your done, but pleasant while you’re using it.
• I rarely say products are overpriced (you have to pay for high quality), but Jack Black is pushing their luck here.
Rituals Happy Buddha Body Scrub
Rarely will you find a body scrub that smells so good. After all, most scrubs focus on the scrubbing, not the scenting.
Rituals’ Happy Buddha Body Scrub has a stand-out smell. (After all, Rituals is known for their world-class perfumers.) Spicy, citrusy, and it still exfoliates like heaven. What you’ll really notice is how your skin feels afterwards. They have the perfect combination of oils and exfoliants so that you don’t dry yourself out or get flaky.
This scrub also earns high marks among it’s reviewers, with a 91 percent four and five star success rate. And that’s with over 700 reviewers – lots of luxury scrubs on Amazon have a hard time breaking the low 100s for reviews. It’s an easy choice if you’re looking for one of the best body scrub for men.
• The scrub has a happy-sigh-worthy citrus and spice smell. Manly without being overwhelming.
• Rituals is known for their luxury skincare. They’re not a men’s brand, but their slogan is “We’re not here to sell you beauty. We’re here to make you feel good.” Perfect for a body scrub!
• It’s not too gentle, but not too rough. Gives you that amazing soft-skin feeling immediately afterwards.
• A few Amazon reviewers complained that the ingredients are too “simple.” In a way, they have a point: you could make a very similar scrub at home for cheaper.
• It’s not quite all-natural. “Parfum/Fragrance” usually means the manufacturer added an artificial scent.
Brooklyn Botany Brown Sugar Scrub
I usually avoid anti-aging products, but Brooklyn Botany has something special going on here. It’s amazing on wrinkles and stretch marks. If you don’t believe me, look at all the before and after pictures that users posted on Amazon.
It definitely smells and looks like brown sugar. There’s no mistaking it there. You’ll need to rinse the product off thoroughly, but the smell is quite pleasant.
This is another middle-of-the-road body scrub. I definitely wouldn’t say it’s gentle (picture rubbing sugar on your face), but it’s also not too rough, by my standards at least.
My only complaint is that it’s almost boring. If you look at the picture of the product, you’ll get a very accurate idea of what it looks, feels, and smells like. No surprises.
• The brown sugar does an amazing job of fading wrinkles and stretch marks. This is one anti-aging product that will actually be worth your money.
• Good scrubber. Does the job.
• It’s highly affordable, really big bang for your buck right here. Don’t overdo it with the product; you only need a smidge.
• Brooklyn Botany didn’t really add any fun ingredients to this scrub. It’s functional, but not especially unique or exciting.
The Seaweed Bath Body Scrub
The Seaweed Bath Co. might have won ingredient list of the year with this crazy concoction. Seaweed, lemongrass, walnuts, grapefruit – it’s the longest all-natural list I’ve seen in a while, and it’s wildly creative.
This scrub is gentle, so if you have a ton of dead skin to scour away, it won’t quite do the job. But it’s perfect for guys with sensitive skin. You can even use it on your face.
My one complaint is that I feel like the ingredients are competing rather than working as a team. The scent is fresh, but not defined. And it comes out in this reddish-brownish color that most facial products avoid. Still, that’s technically a positive: it means the manufacturers didn’t add any artificial colors or fragrances.
• It’s PACKED with all-natural ingredients, great for scrubbing and great for your skin.
• It’s on the gentle end of the body scrub spectrum, so you can use it on your face and delicate bits without worry.
• It’s very affordable, as far as scrubs go. One bottle will last you a while.
• It has an off-putting brownish color.
• Some won’t agree with me here, but the scent isn’t my favorite. Fresh, but definitely lacking. It’s like the ingredients are too nervous to let one take center stage.